iPhone 4s Sprint/Verizon option on start up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by caduceus, Aug 12, 2012.

1. caduceus macrumors newbie

hi, I have a question. Last week I went to the apple store because my iphone 4s (verizon) was acting up. They replaced my iPhone. When I started up the iPhone I saw an option for carriers, on the very top I saw sprint and verizon (Not sure in what order) then a list of carriers that i had never heard of before. So my question is if I would have clicked sprint would it have worked with sprint? The genius fellow told me a what seemed to be a BS story, something along the lines of "If you choose sprint it wont work because this device is specially made for Verizon..." So now im thinking, if his story is true, why even bother to put an option for sprint. Im also wondering because my contract is due in about 5 months and it would suck to have to buy another iphone. Has anyone tried it? does any one know?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Once its activate on either carrier then its locked to them.
    You cannot later switch it to Sprint from verizon or vice versa.
    The carrier wont let you activate it on their network since its now associated with a different wireless company.

3. 617aircav Suspended

It wont work. Seeing those options is not unusual.

4. fizz7283 macrumors 6502a

5. caduceus thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, I understand if i pick sprint it wont work with verizon, but will it work with sprint if I choose sprint?

----------

Not really but I have heard of the wine...

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced