Iphone 4s static?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lomby, Jan 1, 2012.

1. lomby macrumors regular

Hi guys,

for some reason i put my iPhone speakers (the bottom next to the 30 pin connector port) to my ear, and i could hear some very light static..... is that normal?, I'm not sure if it has a fan but i wanted to check with you guys, its hardly noticeable but should it be there? but in order for it ti

More details, its not the static when you have a crappy phone call.
    ill try and explain more as time goes on.... until i try and work it out.....

Thanks in Advance

2. salacious macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

If your not sure if the iPhone has a fan, then I think you need to be sure if your hearing things, no offence intended

3. lomby thread starter macrumors regular

There are none, but what do you think it is, the vibration motor?

4. salacious macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Well first off why did you put it next to your ear?

I just did mine and there's no sound at all , have you asked someone else if they can hear anything it could genuinely be your hearing.. If they can hear it too then try closing all apps and turning phone off and On

5. lomby thread starter macrumors regular

Thats the weird thing, i was wondering if there would be anything, but it turns out there was. I can honestly not explain why i did it - it felt like an instinct.

i have rebooted my phone, but same?

my brother who is 16 said he could hear it and so could my mother- so obviously its there, I'm just not sure what i should do about it?

6. salacious macrumors 6502a

Well either someone hopefully will have had the same problem and tell you , or go to an apple store let them look at it

7. lomby thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for that, but it has nothing to do with making phone calls, it just the speaker in the bottom.

----------

AS so