iPhone 4S stuck in recovery mode after updating to ios7.1

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MishyMoo, Apr 5, 2014.

1. MishyMoo macrumors newbie

Yesterday I updated my iPhone 4S to ios7.1, and the phone is now stuck in recovery mode.
    I have the latest iTunes on my PC. Whilst iTunes is restoring firmware, it gets to about 80% domes, and then gives Error 29...sometimes error 3004 and 3014.
    When I called our closest iStore, I was casually told I might never be able to recover my phone as this is a common problem with the 4s when updated to 7.1?
    Please tell me they are not serious and that I will be able to get it working again?

2. Sandbag1, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014

Sandbag1 macrumors newbie

Try

RecBoot is a freeware that allows you to set an iPhone into or out of recovery mode. Windows and Mac users can download RecBoot online and install it to their computer. With RecBoot installed, a user can connect an iPhone to the computer and use RecBoot to set the iPhone into recovery mode. At the same time, they can also force the connected iPhone or iPod Touch out of recovery mode without the need to press on the Home, Sleep, or Wake button. In other words, you can force an iPhone into recovery mode without the need to press any button it. - See more at: http://www.cydiawater.com/download-...hone-into-recovery-mode/#sthash.pvY3UcWG.dpuf

3. MishyMoo thread starter macrumors newbie

4. MishyMoo thread starter macrumors newbie

Recboot doesn't seem to be working. It's just says its exiting from Recovery mode, but nothing happens.
    I am now getting Error 3004 from iTunes when it's trying to install firmware?

5. Troy88 macrumors newbie

I got a similar issue while updating to ios7 on my iphone 4. It got into recovery mode and when connected to itunes it was trying to download a 1.13gb software for some 5 hours but would get disconnected and start alll over again. Tried an exit recovery mode using Tinyumbrella and it did come out of the itunes - usb cable logo but then stuck at the apple logo. Now it simply reboots constantly until the battery is drained.

6. Jessicaane macrumors newbie

Just making sure you are running iTunes 12.1....?

Try a DFU mode. Disclaimer: This is seriously at your own risk as its the most basic level a phone can boot into and thus opens it up to a much more severe bricking sequence. It's like recovery mode but plug into computer, hold the home key + power button for 10 seconds, release power button whilst still holding the home key for an additional 10 second then release. iTunes should say its detected a phone in recovery and the device's screen will still be black. You need to get the timing of 10 seconds as close as possible. If you achieve this then go through attempting a restore of iPhone stuck in recovery mode.

It's radical but it's a shot. Otherwise you can just call tech support line at 800-MY-Apple/visit retail store and work through it to a hopeful resolution. This is sadly, but honestly, the risk you take with buying a brand new device on it's first day or launch.