iPhone 4S subpar battery life? Help please!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JerTheGeek, Sep 7, 2014.

1. JerTheGeek macrumors 68000

JerTheGeek

Hello all
    I have an iPhone 4s that just got a battery replacement. But the battery life seems to be subpar. For example, when web browsing this morning on a 100% charge, at around 1/3 brightness, after an hour, my battery dropped to around 70%. Shouldn't my battery be more than this? Is something wrong with my iPhone besides the battery? I have disabled many settings, such as frequent locations and background app refresh. I use auto brightness, cause that to me is much more convenient, but shouldn't my battery life be better? Another example: I charged my phone to 100% this afternoon, and based on battery usage in the settings app, I have had around 2 hours of usage, with around 6 hours of standby; I did various things including web browsing, camera use, GPS use, phone calling, etc. and now I am at 26%. Is there something wrong with my iPhone or is this about normal???

2. blakek macrumors member

its an iOS issue or your settings

likely the battery is faulty but its not really very high probability of that

you might want to turn off some notifications / location settings / etc and backup and Restore the iPhone and see if that helps