iPhone 4S sync with Outlook

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Stealthipad, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

On my iPhone 4 I would keep my contacts and schedule synced with Outlook. Now that I am on the 4S when I sync, not data is moved into Outlook.

Anyone else keep Outlook synced to their 4S?

2. pilot1226 macrumors 6502a

pilot1226

I used Outlook for the initial Sync to get my contacts on there since they were on my old Blackberry and that seemed to work. Did you check the iTunes contacts sync section? I know that it yells at you if you have iCloud Contact Backup and a hardwired backup selected at the same time. Maybe this is creating some type of issue? Perhaps try turning off iCloud Contact Backup and try to sync via iTunes with "Outlook" Contacts selected...

3. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

I tried, but for some reason with Outlook all my contacts would duplicate, so I ended up turning it off.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

^^^+1 Definitely don't need to duplicate my 700 contacts AGAIN! :eek:

5. Stealthipad thread starter macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I Ways do a backup before I sync anything with iTunes. I have been down the duplicate road twice and now if it happens, I dd a restore.

I will turn off the iCloud sync and try again. It is weird and Outlook remains empty after doing a sync.

I will iTunes had a setting to let the phone ever ride the data in Outlook but it does not.