Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

bbchick

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2010
Whenever my 4s receives two text messages at the same time my ringtone won't stop unless I turn off the phone! It won't stop when I open the message. It won't lower the volume or mute the ring even when I press the appropriate buttons. The phone is just stuck on the ringtone until I power off the phone! Anybody else experienced this? How can I fix it? :confused:

Thanks.

aarond12

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2002
Dallas, TX USA
That's a weird one. Are you using the stock text message tone? If not, try switching to one of the stock ones, such as Glass.

If that's still not working, a backup and restore is in order. :( Back up your phone to iTunes, restore it (erasing everything), then test a message BEFORE restoring your original files. This will let you know if your phone has a hardware problem. If everything's okay, restore your backup and try again.

Comment

Lifesuxsbad

macrumors regular
Jun 15, 2010
Alaram

Whenever my 4s receives two text messages at the same time my ringtone won't stop unless I turn off the phone! It won't stop when I open the message. It won't lower the volume or mute the ring even when I press the appropriate buttons. The phone is just stuck on the ringtone until I power off the phone! Anybody else experienced this? How can I fix it? :confused:

Thanks.

My Alarm on my iPhone 4 does that. I set it at lunch time so I will not forget to clock back in and I usually have to turn the phone off to stop the alarm!! Make me so mad!!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.