iPhone 4S texting difficulty

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Lostanddamned, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Lostanddamned macrumors 6502a

Lostanddamned

I got an iPhone 4S at about 8:15 on release day. Its pretty awesome save for one little problem.

It can't be relied on to send texts, seems the sim card access is slow as anything.

Unlocking the SIM after turning the phone off (which has to be done whenever it hits a message send faliure) can take over a minute.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Same boat as you OP. Going in to Apple Store to check it out...:eek:

3. thesixsins macrumors newbie

I recently activated my iPhone 4S and the texting is a huge issue for me... 90% of the time it can't send "Message send failure". Is it interference from iMessage? or iCloud? Even a short one word text can't get through, often I'll receive multiple text's and emails all at once; rather than when they are actually sent... Is that At&t's issue or Apple? I don't have time to go to both.

At this very moment i've been trying to send the same damn tester text to my girlfriend for almost an hour now.

I'm almost ready to reactivate my old Iphone 4... NOT HAPPY. :mad:

4. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

check with your carrier to insure nothing happened to your data plan and to verify all is inline with their system. my 4S was working fine but the activation messed up my texting data plan on my bill.

If you need me to replay something to your girlfriend, just send me a pic and I'll handle the rest :D

5. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

I've definitely had issues with AT&T where I'll get texts/voicemails in the way you described; hours later and grouped together. Honestly, I'm not sure what resolved the issue, but I would start with them. My main annoyance with the iPhone is that if a text doesn't send, it doesn't auto-send once reception is restored.

6. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

How is this related to the 4S? It's on carrier's side. Doesn't make sense.

And, I have no lag for both text and iMessage, except when signal is low.

7. lear45xr macrumors newbie

i have same problem in uk.
    i hope apple fix this as it appears to be common on 4s i never had issues txting when at home on my iphone.
    if i get the failure message put the phone on airplane mode for about 30 secs then switch it again you should now be able to send & recieve txts
    not idea i know.

8. nefa macrumors member

Try disabling the PIN code in the phone settings.

9. CoolMe macrumors member

Have the same problem here :( You try to hit the resend button but it bounces back as soon as you've hit the button! I reckon its a software thing.... or perhaps something to do with the new design?

10. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

Guys, try what this guy is telling you, disable the pin code. It's always recommended to do when you use your simcard in an iPhone because in some cases it will give you strange behavior.