iPhone 4S - The Oracle, Reading

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by cambookpro, Oct 9, 2011.

1. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Anyone queuing up? Not getting a 4S but may pop in to see how long the queue is!

2. kamran9558 macrumors regular

I probably would be there, any ideas when will the store open?

3. cloudsai macrumors newbie

I'll be there, apparently people are queueing up on Minster street. One of the managers at the Apple store said that people were expected to camp out all night. I really hope not!

The store opens at 8am as you may know, the Oracle is letting people in to the store at 6am in an orderly and co-ordinated fashion... or so I've been told.

4. 01101001 macrumors newbie

5. cloudsai macrumors newbie

In all honesty, how many people do you think will be waiting for the Apple store to open? The iphone 4s is available at Carphone warehouse, Phones4U, o2, Vodafone and T-mobile right?

That's six different places and more people will be upgrading than buying it outright.... surely..

you can tell that this is the first time I've ever queued for a gadget... I'm having cold feet about waiting for longer than 2 hours. I promised myself I would never queue again after my Disney Land fiasco.

Last year people started queuing at 4am outside of o2 for the iPhone4.

6. 01101001 macrumors newbie

I am not sure, I have never queued before.
    I am buying outright but people that are not I guess they will be going somewhere else.
    If I cant get one I will just come home and order on line and wait a couple of weeks.

7. cloudsai macrumors newbie

Will do the same, I suppose a few weeks is nothing.

8. 01101001 macrumors newbie

Do you know what doors they are opening at 6am?
    I was going to park in the main carpark and walk over the bridge to the main doors.

9. cloudsai macrumors newbie

here is the link from the Oracle site, it doesn't really specify but I think that the main doors should be open as they usually are for staff (used to work in the Oracle and we used this entrance early in the morning)

http://www.theoracle.com/website/Ev...ectionId=4827c0b4-f91f-4513-9a9a-25d8d26c7582

if not then it'll be the ones down at HMV as they'll be letting people in then.

Until a day ago the Oracle had no idea that they were expecting people to queue.. its all been arranged very last minute with not much of the staff knowing what's going on at all!

10. 01101001 macrumors newbie

11. cambookpro thread starter macrumors 603

cambookpro

How did it go?!
    Popped in there quickly to see the lines this afternoon, was slightly underwhelmed.

12. 01101001 macrumors newbie

I got in line at 6am and had my phone by 8:30