iPhone 4s Timechange

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Helixc0de, Nov 6, 2011.

1. Helixc0de macrumors regular

My iPhone time has not been updated yet for the day light savings time. What should I do?

2. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

return it asap! defective.

?? serious? change it yourself?

3. jkeekij macrumors regular

Is "Set Automatically" turned on in Settings>General>Data & Time?

4. Gordonw macrumors member

My time didn't update either. Went in to Settings>General>Date & Time> and turned off Set Automatically, then reboot iPhone. Once rebooted, switched on Set Automatically.

5. Connect IT macrumors newbie

This worked for me, as well.:)

6. emoore macrumors regular

7. Schtibbie macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Mine changed, but apparently (on AT&T) changed a few minutes too early!! Wtf? I had my alarm set for 1:55am and when it went off I found that I had woken up an hour later than I thought it was and the old school clocks in my house all said 2:55. Not helpful.

8. CheesePuff macrumors 6502

I had mine set to Set Automatically and when I woke up this morning it was back 2 hours and said I was in Chicago (I am in New York) and I could not change it. So I had to turn it off and manually set it.

(I was really screwed up this morning.. my alarm clock was 1 hour behind, my phone 2 hours, my computer was correct but I didn't know what was going on for the first few minutes!)

Edit: OK so I turned off Set Automatically, restarted the phone and turned it back on and it switched form Chicago to New York and now all is fine.

9. KPOM macrumors G5

Mine switched at 2:00am last night, but then this morning reverted to Daylight Time. Fortunately my calendar entries remained on the right absolute time. I was able to fix it by powering down and restarting. It's a bit disappointing that Apple hasn't fixed this, since it has been a nagging issue.

10. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

I saw my phone change from 1:59am back to 1:00 am, but when I woke up, the time was an hour ahead again, so I don't get it. I just rebooted twice and now the time is correct.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Same here.
    I turned off set automatically and manually inputed the time zone and it changed.
    Weird, shouldnt it have changed on its own?

12. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

13. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Mine changed in Ireland on vodafone. I had auto time zone disabled if that makes a difference.

14. amann76 macrumors 6502

amann76

that is because daylight savings time is over...

15. HopHead927 macrumors member

My iPhone also screwed up the time change and claims I am n Chicago when I set it toautomatically adjust the time. I never knew that something so simple could be so hard for Apple to do...

16. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

It seems to be the same sh.. every year now.
    They fixed the prox sensor and antennagate issues and cant get something as simple as that right where a $3 watch or clock from the dollar store manages to work fine.
    After tons of software updates I guess nobody cares at Apple to fix the daylight savings bugs.

17. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

18. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Mine was set to change automatically and had no issues when I wake up this morning

19. Obscurelight macrumors 6502

Why is there a thread for this? If it didn't change just change it yourself? :rolleyes: