iPhone 4S to iPhone 5...?!?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by olletsocmit, Apr 20, 2013.

  1. olletsocmit macrumors 6502


    Jun 24, 2010
    I have a iPhone 4S right now and really like the 5... But is it worth it??? My friends all have 5's and I love them.. But is it just cuz they have 4g??

    I have unlimited data and if I do get a 5.. I will buy it at cost to keep my unlimited data.

    My question is... Worth spending $600 now or $600 in 6 months when there is a new 5S out (if its called that)?

    Would you spend that kinda money to go from a 4S to a 5 now or wait??

    I know there are lots of spec threads out there, but what would u all do
  2. tdmd macrumors member


    Sep 27, 2012
  3. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816


    Apr 22, 2009
    If you are dead set on upgrading, I would wait.
    The jump from 4S to the 5 is not worth it in my opinion, especially not at full cost.
    5S might not even really be worth it, but at least it will be "more worth it" I suppose.
    What you would be upgrading to primarily is the taller screen, AT&T has HSPA+ which is pretty darn good and don't think you'd see much difference between that an LTE.

    Do they not let you keep the unlimited if you upgrade? I assumed that was just putting you back onto a contract to where there's a potential cancellation fee (if you decide to leave) - didn't think it would have any affect on your plan though. Not sure how that all works, really.
  4. cambookpro macrumors 603


    Feb 3, 2010
    United Kingdom
    4S to 5 is definitely worth it, much moreso than the 4 to 4S. But since you've waited this long and you'll be buying unsubsidised, I'd wait for the 5S.
  5. Jimmy James macrumors 68040

    Jimmy James

    Oct 26, 2008
    I'm thinking of having chicken or steak for dinner tonight. Any advice? I can't make this decision on my own.

    Also, 2-ply or 3-ply? Is it worth the extra money?
  6. acorntoy macrumors 65816

    May 25, 2010

    He has Verizon.

    Verizon 3G vs Verizon LTE= Masive difference.

    OP I would upgrade. You can sell your 4S for a pretty dime and the at-cost upgrade will be less than you expect.
  7. Knockworstface macrumors regular


    Feb 26, 2013

    I'd go with the steak.
  8. srsub3 macrumors 6502


    Mar 10, 2013
  9. SPNarwhal macrumors 65816


    Apr 22, 2009
    what the heck you guys
    this is not the thread for me. </3

    I still wouldn't upgrade until the 5S, even with Verizon.

    and on top of that, I would go with Chicken.
    I come visit the iPhone section just oneeee time, see what it's all about, and i am an outcast. I'm going back to the Marketplace. <3
  10. KiwiAdventure Suspended

    Dec 7, 2010
    New Zealand
    I changed from the 4s to the 5 only because it didn't cost me. I would not have changed other wise as the 5 is no better the the 4s the battery life still sucks and some Apps like TomTom start up slower on the 5. The black 5 feels cheap compared to the 4s. I use my iPad 4 4g a lot more and only use the 5 for phone calls, texts and hot spot when overseas.
  11. Ih8reno macrumors 65816


    Aug 10, 2012
    Same as poster above, I went from 4S to 5 and it cost me $5 and a change in mobile carrier to a cheaper cost plan almost identical to the older plan. A great phone but not worth the cost buying it outright compared to keeping the 4S.
  12. chestvrg macrumors 65816


    Dec 13, 2010
    I went to the 5, b/c I needed to upgrade to the lighting charger since my kid has an ipad mini and I was always carrying two different type of chargers everywhere we went when I had the 4S. Sold my 4S and made up for the monies and after all got my t-mobile iPhone 5 on credit with a $200 deposit. I'm happy, can not be happier. :)
  13. Fattytail macrumors 6502a

    Apr 11, 2012
    You probably only need to wait another few months. Is it really that hard?
  14. Dominicanyor macrumors 6502a


    Apr 1, 2012
    Lol not cool..


    I have a 4s and I thought about upgrading with the 5s but I'm not. I like my 4s the only problem I had is when I dropped it and the screen cracked. Other than that still love it and have no plans to upgrade right now. As for you like some of had said just wait for the 5s.
  15. puma1552 macrumors 603

    Nov 20, 2008
    I was planning on waiting for the 5s since my launch day 4s will be eligible for an upgrade in a couple weeks, figured may as well wait for the 5s...but then I thought if I just go ahead amd upgrade to the 5, I can skip the predictable 5s and get excited for the six which will probably come out around 18 months from now...

    this is of course assuming att keeos the 18 month upgrade and doesnt pull vzws 24 month bs
  16. Looon macrumors 6502a


    Jul 10, 2009
    I wish this question was asked more often we don't really see it very much here.
  17. DesertEagle macrumors 6502a


    Jan 10, 2012
    /home @
    Depends on your needs. I still have the iPhone 4, and I have no reason (yet) to upgrade it to either 5 or 5S.

Share This Page