iPhone 4S Trade- GameStop > Gazelle

al0513

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 28, 2011

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Amazon trade in credit is also much better. Still $405-420 amazon credit for a 32gb 4s depending on color and carrier.

Amazon trade in is good for those who shop a lot on amazon.

JRoDDz

macrumors 68000
Jul 2, 2009
NYC
As mentioned a few weeks ago, I've been looking at trade prices for my gf's 64GB 4S.

Why is everyone using Gazelle? GameStop has a better deal.

$399 credit or $319 cash.
Gazelle - a mere $266.

http://www.gamestop.com/recommerce/web/ProductCondition.aspx?producttitle=Apple+iPhone+4S+64GB+AT&T+-+A1387&concept=

http://www.gazelle.com/iphone/iphone-4s/at-t/iphone-4s-64gb-at-t-or-unlocked/480695-gpid

Plus I dont have to send in the phone. No Brainer?
Amazon will give you $375 credit for a 16gb 4S.

iamthekiller

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2010
All of these instant pay options are really for chumps. They pay you so little so they can just turn around and easily sell it for more.

Just sell it on eBay through an auction and get the most value for your phone.

al0513

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 28, 2011
You have to realize - while GameStop is lower, it is:

Convenient/ Easily accessible.
Safer.
Faster.

Don't trust Craigslist any more and do not want to deal with scammers and fake buyers. Do not want to send my phone off to amazon and wait 6 weeks until a check comes in for the wrong price.

philipk

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2008
Good Gazelle Service

Safer.
Faster.

Don't trust Craigslist any more and do not want to deal with scammers and fake buyers. Do not want to send my phone off to amazon and wait 6 weeks until a check comes in for the wrong price.
Agreed!

In my area Gamestop wasn't locking in the prices.

I used Gazelle.

Last year I used them with my 2 iPhone 3gs.

This year, I locked in my 2 phones at 288 a month ago. I rated my phones GOOD.

I got my iPhone 5's last Friday. I sent the iPhone 4s though the USPS with Gazelles packaging on Saturday at the same time.

They received the first phone on Monday and by Tuesday evening they accepted full value.

The second phone was logged in on Thursday morning and tonight (Friday) they accepted full value.

Two checks are on the way.

Thanks Gazelle

TOYSTER17

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2010

Safer.
Faster.

It takes like two days with Amazon. You just ship it to them(which they pay for) and as soon as they get it, they credit your account.