iPhone 4s trouble

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dcypal, Feb 29, 2012.

1. dcypal macrumors newbie

Been using an iPhone since Verizon started carrying it so when my sister asked what phone to get when her contract was up I suggested the iPhone 4s. She has gone through 4 phones and things still aren't right.

The first one she got from Best Buy, worked great for a week then all of a sudden she started cutting in and out when she talked. It got to the point it was doing it a lot so I suggested she return it to Best Buy and get a different one. Second Best Buy iPhone had same problem.

We decided to go to the local Apple Store and have them look at it. Of course they couldn't duplicate the problem but they swapped it anyway, very nice about it. Well that iPhone lasted a couple of months then the speaker stopped working, no ringtone, itunes play, sound of any kind would work from speaker. So we went back to the Apple Store this last weekend and had a genius work on it. He wiped it and reinstalled everything and to his surprise the speaker still didn't work so he replaced it.

Today while talking to her again she started cutting in and out. I didn't have the heart to tell her it was happening again but I got through the conversation. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Perhaps she is just anti tech and won't be able to use it. I have many friends and family members with iPhones and none of them have experienced this.

One side note....When swapping from Apple the first time the genius forgot to remove her Verizon sim card but I don't think that should have any effect since the problems happened while she had the sim card.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Most of the times when a call cutts in and out it has nothing to do with the cellphone but the carriers network.
    If either phone gets bad reception then you will experience that.
    You can keep replacing the iphone every day but if either the caller or receiver is at a bad signal area you will experience that no matter what phone or network provider you use.

3. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68030

ugahairydawgs

Have you tried taking it to Verizon for a new SIM card?

4. dcypal thread starter macrumors newbie

I totally agree with you Applejuiced and thats the first thing I thought too. We have all experienced weak signal and dropped calls but this sounds different. The best way to describe it is its like someone placing tape over the mic and then removing it, over and over. She isn't holding it incorrectly, checked that.

I will have her do *228 to make sure she is hitting the right towers.