iPhone 4S Unlockable?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by legaleye3000, Sep 24, 2012.

1. legaleye3000 macrumors 65816

Is the iPhone 4S (AT&T) unlockable? If so, does it matter what version of iOS its running? Thanks.

2. vbtwo31984 macrumors regular

AT&T will unlock your iPhone on request after you finish the contract with them. Or you can pay one of the online services to unlock it for you. It does not matter what version of the software you're running.

3. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm on TMobile looking to use an ATT iPhone 4S. I don't think redsn0w would unlock it, but just want to make sure...?

4. alent1234 macrumors 603

if you're in the NYC area PM me, i might sell if i can get my hands on a 5. i'll have AT&T unlock it once i activate a 5

5. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

I'm not in NY... So I'm assuming that redsn0w can't unlock a iPhone 4S...?

6. kevroc macrumors 6502

I unlocked my 4S through an ebay seller, was about $8 and took probably 3 hours. iOS version didn't matter. Tmobile sim worked just fine it it. You may have to adjust your APN settings, but it's not that hard to do and the instructions are online at tmoble or via google.

7. JCCL macrumors 6502a

There are several services offering IMEI unlock in ebay. They are basically adding the iPhone to ATT's / Apple 's unlocked phones database. They are said to be quite efficient.

8. rathimeena macrumors newbie

Hi,
    Yes you can unlock your iPhone4s from AT&T using Remote unlocking in the site Unlocking4u.com.It is very Easy and Safest way to unlock your precious mobile.I unlocked my mobile using this site.They are cheap and reliable.They provide me good customer support.So If you wish you can try this site....

9. SlyMac macrumors 6502

If you meet AT&T's requirements (no outstanding balance, out of contract, paid fees, etc...) go to this address and fill out the form.

www.att.com/deviceunlock

10. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

No.
    But you can buy an iPhone imei unlock on ebay for it.

11. M33-1 macrumors member

Search "iPhone 4s unlock" on your local Craigslist site. People do this daily. It takes a few minutes and costs around $40. Operating system version does not matter.

12. legaleye3000 thread starter macrumors 65816

13. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Anywhere from $8 all the way up to 60-70
    There's tons of sellers on eBay.

14. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

i want to use the AT&T customer device lock request, it asks for the phones number but it doesn't have one because i upgraded to the 5 now. so...

15. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

If you meet those requirements below they will unlock it. If not they will just send you an email telling you they denied your request.

General Eligibility Requirements for Unlocking iPhone

AT&T will unlock an iPhone under the following circumstances:
    •The person requesting the unlock is: ◦a current AT&T customer or
    ◦a former AT&T customer who can provide the phone number or account number for the account

•The iPhone was designed for use on AT&T's network;
    •All contract obligations, including any term commitment, associated with the device to be unlocked have been fully satisfied; and
    •The iPhone has not been reported lost or stolen.