iPhone 4s Verizon or Att in NY

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LoloBond, Jun 17, 2012.

1. LoloBond macrumors 6502

which is better in NY? Since I'm jumping out from Sprint I think any carrier would be better... but I would like to read the opinions from the people here...

TIA!

2. taedouni macrumors 65816

I have never been to NY. But from what I have heard it seems that Verizon is the way to go.

3. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

When I was in NYC with a friend, her iPhone (Verizon) worked consistently. I was lucky to get anything done with my iPhone (AT&T), especially during commute hours. Actually, in most places on the east coast, I've found Verizon works better than AT&T.

4. Lara F macrumors 6502a

Agreed with Verizon - the caveat is that it's really poor timing to get a non LTE phone on their network (compared to AT&T which at least has HSPA+). Honestly I'd be hard pressed to recommend it at this point.

5. Demonface macrumors 6502a

I Have heard that Verizon works best in NY. ATT network is too congested . I know this because i use to live in NJ/NY

6. LoloBond thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks all for the feed back! I wanted to make sure the I made the right decision... since some of my friends swear that att is the best.

I was able to lock the double data with Galaxy S III till the new iPhone comes out, I will sell the Galaxy and get the new iPhone.. locking that double data was very important for me.. I don't think 2Gigs is enough for me.

7. andyx3x macrumors 65816

Most of the tech people based in NYC jumped to Verizon as soon as the iPhone was available on the carrier. They said AT&T sucked there.

8. Lara F macrumors 6502a

Smart move IMO. :) But I thought Verizon was sneaky and put the GSIII for presale the very day after double data ended?

9. LoloBond thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm sneaky too lol I ordered 2 free Samsung LTE phones, I refused the box and told them on the 7th that I wanted the GSIII. I waited till last night to pre order otherwise the system will flush my account since I never activate a phone. A little bit of work but hopefully is worth it. Can't wait to get out of Sprint.

10. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Verizon has the best voice service in New York -- by far. However, AT&T has the best data service in NYC.

11. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Is that restricted to LTE? When I used data in NYC I'd be lucky to get anything down/up on 3G.

12. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

I get pretty good service on AT&T using the 4 in Manhattan, Queens & Brooklyn. But I do hear more people complain about service on AT&T in NY compared to Verizon. Also most iPhone users in NY are on AT&T and most don't have any problems with service.

At the moment data is the fastest on AT&T for the iPhone. Not sure which gives to a better monthly bill nowadays.

13. bainbridgematt macrumors newbie

I would have agreed that Verizon was the best a couple years ago, but my experience with them in NYC has gone downhill since the iPhone rolled out on their network.

Thinking about moving one of my phones over to AT&T to test them side by side.

14. LoloBond thread starter macrumors 6502

I just added another little twist, I canceled my pre-order with Verizon and went with Costco 90 days return policy hopefully enough time to get the new iPhone. ;)

I did some testing yesterday,Verizon iPhone vs At&t here in Huntington NY and Verizon was 1.6-2.2 down vs Att 200-1.2 down. :confused: