iPhone 4S Verizon Warm / Yellow Tint Isssue

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nStyle, Apr 3, 2012.

1. nStyle macrumors 65816

Ok... seriously... what is up with Apple and letting their iOS devices be plagued with this nasty yellow tint? My iPad 3 has it... but not bad enough to warrant a swap. I just compared my new white 4S to my old black 4 and notice a significant difference in temperature.

The 4 doesn't look COOL, it looks just right. The 4S looks WARM to me.

Does anyone have experience with Verizon and this issue and know if they will give me a huge problem trying to swap till I get a suitable device?

2. aliensarecool macrumors 6502a

aliensarecool

3. Bugeyeblue macrumors 6502a

Bugeyeblue

I had this problem on my Verizon 4 (I have a Verizon 4s now). I just called Verizon and told them my screen was yellow looking and dim and they said "oh, ok. We'll send you a refurbished phone." And they did.

Now I have 4s, and it also has the yellowish screen. I don't know if I really care enough to lose my unlock and have to set up another phone just for the warmer screen tint. I didn't even notice it for the first few weeks I had it, until I came on here and saw people's comparison pictures.

4. DroidRules macrumors 65816

Get tired of seeing this type of ignorant thread. IT ISN'T A DEFECT, it's just the tone of the screen. Some displays are warmer (yellow tint) and some are cooler (blueish tint). Just because YOU don't like the display does not make it a defective unit OR an Apple issue.... it's a personal issue that you should deal with.