iPhone 4s Vibrate Rattle

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CheatingSoi, Dec 6, 2011.

1. CheatingSoi macrumors newbie

I realize there are plenty of topics on this but mine is a little more unique. Well maybe not. But still. I need an answer because I just got this phone and I am unhappy with it.

After purchasing my iPhone 4s I took it home and immediately noticed how loud the vibrate was. I was very annoyed by this and looked it up. Now in terms of regular phones I would say its normal. Most phones make a sound when they vibrate. But that is why I liked my old iPhone 4. It didn't make a sound which made it seem well built and solid. So I looked online and found many topics relation to this issue. I went into the Sprint store and asked them about it and they said they weren't trained well with the iPhone and that I should just call Apple. So I did that and they said the best thing to do would be to bring it into an Apple store. But I don't have one anywhere near me. So then she listed off all these things I could do like buying Apple Care + or all this stuff involving me sending my phone in and all this stuff. I just don't want to deal with that. Is there anyway I can just get them to give me a replacement at the store? And if so. Is another one going to be any different or suffer from he same issue. I just don't know what to do here.

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Its the camera. Its normal for most, if not all, iPhone 4S' to make this sound.

3. CheatingSoi thread starter macrumors newbie

No this is a different issue. The phone actually makes a sound when vibrating. Making it sound like a cheaper plasticy phone. If I pinch the sides at the bottom it does not make that sound.

4. cababah macrumors 68000

I noticed that about one in every two phones have that but it is definitely not normal I would get it replace at an Apple store. During my iPhone replacement Saga a couple of them got replaced due to this vibrating issue.

There's even a thread somewhere where someone has a video clip of exactly what the vibrating sounds like and mine sounded exactly like that it usually goes away when you pinch the bottom of the phone which some people think there's a tab inside that's resonating.

Anyway got a new replacement and the vibrating issue is solved!

5. CheatingSoi thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the response. I went back to the Sprint store and the people there were of no help. The lady was convincing me that its normal and saying all this stuff that made no sense at all. She said they can replace it but if we find that the replacement is the same way then they will charge me a $35 restocking fee. I am worried the replacement will be the same way. I just don't know. I'm going to have a look at my friends iPhone tomorrow and see what it sounds like. Depending on that I'll try for a replacement.