IPhone 4S volume button is recessed.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Steve Jobs., Dec 24, 2011.

1. Steve Jobs. macrumors regular

Well my iphone 4S is a couple weeks old and i just now noticed that the + volume button is a littlle recessed compared to the - volume button. The - is a bit firmer to the press and a little sturdy, for a lack of better words. I mean they both still work completely fine but, what do you guys think? Any of you encounter the same problem? Is it worth it to take it to the apple store?

2. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

If it bothers you, go talk to a genius about it.

3. Steve Jobs. thread starter macrumors regular

I mean it doesnt bother me THAT much, but I was trying to see if other had faced a similar problem before.

4. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

Little things like that are so annoying, I know they should not annoy me, but they do.

5. Steve Jobs. thread starter macrumors regular

Haha glad im not the only one. My thoughts exactly.

6. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

When you spend the money on these types of things, you expect damn near perfection and should get it! I'm just saying'

And these little things annoy me too! That's why I say go see a genius and request a new iPhone if they don't offer you the option....

7. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I always notice small things like that and yeah it would definitely annoy me too. Mine seems to be fine and I wouldn't notice it anyway since I have a bumper on. I'd take it in to an Apple store and see what they can do. No harm in trying

8. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

Too bad we don't have an Apple store in Dublin.

9. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Yeah I actually had a problem with the first 4S I got and I had to wait for them to ship the replacement instead of going into a store and having it replaced there. I really don't understand why we don't have one. The people at Compu b are very friendly and everything but I want an official Apple store!

10. Cod3rror macrumors 68000

Cod3rror

Yep, strange how they don't have an official store here. Hopefully they'll open one soon.

11. Zcott macrumors 68020

Belfast is only about 2 and a half hours away, and the train station isn't far from the Apple Store. Come and say hello!

12. kolax macrumors G3

That's a bit ridiculous..

I don't sit and look at how level my volume buttons are.

13. andymac2210 macrumors regular

Yes, same here.

I noticed it day one, before I'd used it much at all.

The + is about a 10th of a mm lower than the - button :D

14. DroidRules, Dec 24, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2011

DroidRules macrumors 65816

It bothers you enough to come and make a thread about it..... I don't have this issue with my phone.

Hmmmmmm wonder why that is?

Most people don't, just those that have no life..... or are just ADD with nothing better to do than obsess about their phone.

IF the buttons work fine AND it's not, lets say almost flush with the bezel and the other is "normal", then why worry about it? UNLESS one of the above statements ring true.

15. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

I was actually considering doing that for the launch of the 4S. Still it would be a lot more convenient to have an Apple store in Dublin and not have to pay like 40-60 euro for a train ride. I'd love to visit Belfast though.

16. Steve Jobs. thread starter macrumors regular

It's something I noticed while actually using the phone normally, I didn't sit there and try to think of some way I can find a flaw in my new phone.