iPhone 4S Volume Buttons Swapped! *Update Part Deux*

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Prelude2elude, Nov 4, 2011.

1. Prelude2elude, Nov 4, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011

Prelude2elude macrumors member

Prelude2elude

I know this was an issues when 4 came out, but I just recently noticed my 4S buttons are swapped. I noticed this when I took off my bumper for the first time yesterday.

My girlfriend and my friends black 4S buttons are fine. Has this happened to anyone else?

[​IMG]

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

There were some other threads where people had this happen with a 4S. I'm sure Apple will exchange it if you want.

3. Prelude2elude thread starter macrumors member

Prelude2elude

I'm gonna swing by my nearest apple location to see what they can do. I'll keep you guys posted.

4. awadeee macrumors 68020

awadeee

This is hilarious! :p They would almost have to exchange it. Visit an Apple store and see what they have to say!

5. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

that's crazy! :eek:

Never seen anything like that before. I don't see why Apple wouldn't say "OMG here's a new phone, sorry!!" lol

6. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Hahahah! I'm sorry that picture is too funny!

7. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

:D That is quite a funny mess-up. I'm sure Apple will replace it without a problem. They'll probably be quite embarrassed by it in the store, too.

8. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

Wait on that. Before your warranty has expired and the phone is all scratched up then get it replaced. :cool:

9. SAD*FACED*CLOWN macrumors 65816

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

then they'll say "why did you wait a year to bring it back?"

10. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Say you've covered it with a bumper all the time to protect it from scratching

11. Prelude2elude thread starter macrumors member

Prelude2elude

All right guys here is the update.

Just came back from the Apple store on Michigan Avenue from downtown Chicago and no dice.

After talking to multiple employees, non of which were aware of the issue, the answer that i got was that i need to call applecare and have them see if they could exchange it. Because the phone was bought from apple.com, non of the retail stores can take it back for an exchange.

A little pissed, but now i must call them now.

12. garbeth macrumors regular

13. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Really? It is under applecare so the store should be able to do it. Warranty is warranty. I have bought computer from apple.com and have had genius work done on them in store when it was still under warranty...

14. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

No way man... KEEP IT! That is awesome. A truly unique iPhone. With the millions of them floating around, yours actually IS different. :cool:

15. Prelude2elude thread starter macrumors member

Prelude2elude

Yep, the guy told me to contact applecare. I probably should have mentioned that I don't have the extended applecare they offer, just the complimentary 1 year on the phone, plus i'm still within the 30 day return policy. Sorry about that.

16. OnEMoReTrY macrumors member

He was trying to get rid of you.. they should 100% absolutely take care of it in store.

17. Obscurelight macrumors 6502

18. Merkie macrumors 68020

This is nonsense! Apple stores exchange Apple products, regardless of their origins (as long as they have been rightfully purchased).

19. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Exactly. The only thing about online is if you want to return it for a refund, you have to go via the same channel you got it. As far as warranty work, it doesn't matter

20. Prelude2elude thread starter macrumors member

Prelude2elude

After calling Applecare this went from thinking i would get somewhere to seriously?

The first guy i was talking to transferred me over to some other guy and i was then given some options, now that i think of it, it was the only option. They want me to send them the phone, so that they can process a refund. They then said i can go to ATT and purchase a new one. Apple meanwhile would be working with ATT to see if they can get me back my eligibility so i can buy the phone for $199.

He said that i couldn't swap the phone out because it needs to be returned to its original origin. I asked why can't i swap it with Apple and he said there are a lot of people that want the phone and they can't guarantee the phone being in stock, so i should check every night at 9 to see if i can make a reservation. So i told him how can he guarantee i walk into ATT and the phone will be in stock then. he said i don't know sir.

Anyways i'll be without a phone till who knows when, leaving me to do all the work for a replacement. This kinda sucks, not gonna lie. He offered me a case for the issue, i told him i have a bumper already, he said fine how about these headphones ( http://store.apple.com/us/product/H6707LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA1MA ) I said ok. Really don't know what to do now.

21. Superbbrr macrumors member

Try a different Apple store. Try the Apple store again on a different day. Different employees will handle your case differently.

It's not that hard.

22. Damian83 macrumors member

"unique"??? its enough open the phone and manually invert buttons...

23. wrinkster22 macrumors 68030

wrinkster22

they will replace it..
    although I would keep it because it is unique! :)

24. Prelude2elude thread starter macrumors member

Prelude2elude

Yeah, I have one more apple store I can go to. I don't think I'll mention that it was bought online. I can only got to the same store so many times and let's face it, it's not like this is a best buy where there a few in a certain mile radius. I'm not gonna drive 60 miles just to be denied.

----------

Is this hard to do? I should try it.