iPhone 4S vs 5 for Verizon Guy?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vampire5003, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Vampire5003 macrumors 6502

Hello everyone! Well for starters I'm sure ya'll get a ton of these threads, but I really need the help! I cannot decide if I should buy a iPhone 4S or 5. I will be buying off eBay, since I have almost $400 in eBay gift cards, I want to use them against the purchase. If I go for a 4S, then I most likely will buy the 64GB so in January 2014 I can get a decide resale value. I've used a 4S on Verizon (sister has one) and my impressions were "sis the 3G is so slow....". I know that's Verizon's fault not Apple's, but still. On the flip side though, how many of you are willing to spend $900 to $1100 for a iPhone 5 in 32GB? I mean that's a lot to me, but if I do buy it, I will keep it till 2015, and if its factory unlocked I'll keep it till we switch to Sprint in 2015 maybe even use it longer..... Other than LTE, what benefits would I notice in real world usage? Like is the iPhone 5 worth the massive double to triple the price increase? Should I just buy a cheapo android phone and wait for the iPhone 5 prices to come down? What would you do? I sold my Galaxy S3 and need a phone for work and so my family won't bother me about not having a phone....which they do so much :(

Thanks!

Thomas

2. Cebuano1976 macrumors regular

Buy another S3. iPhone 5 till 2015 is ridiculous.:rolleyes:

3. Vampire5003 thread starter macrumors 6502

The iPhone may not have the best specs, but the OS is unmatched IMO. I've used android since the OG Droid days....

----------

And this response doesn't really help me....

4. Cebuano1976 macrumors regular

Seriously, you already had LTE. Stay with LTE. It's amazing. iPhone 5.

5. Vampire5003 thread starter macrumors 6502

Okie dokie, much appreciated! Now why did you rate the S3 so highly? I read through your past posts and you seem to own a iPhone 5? That confuses me.....

Thomas

6. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

You seem to be confused easily, buy what you want.