iphone 4s wake up lag

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jrealz007, Dec 22, 2011.

1. jrealz007 macrumors newbie

Hi, I was wondering if this is actually part of the phone, or is my phone defective. After I lock my phone, and immediately press either the power button or home button, the unlock screen shows immediately, but if i lock my phone, then after I wait 20 seconds or more, then press the power button or home button, the screen takes 1 second to pop up. I think it might be some battery saver feature, but ive read that this does not happen to other peoples iphones. I have had this phone for 2 weeks, and it has been like this since I got it.

2. moargolems macrumors regular

It has never been immediate for me... Always takes like half a second or whole.

3. Edge1978 macrumors 6502

I had the same issue but then I realized I had triple home button activated. SETTINGS-GENERAL-ACCESSIBILTY. Scroll to the bottom and you'll see triple click home. I turned it off.

4. fins831 macrumors 6502a

what does this actually do/accomplish

and I have noticed the lag, was wondering if it was icloud

5. WilliamG macrumors G3

It's normal. The phone goes into a "deeper sleep" after 20 seconds or so, at which point it takes it a bit longer to wake up. Every iPhone I've owned has had this "user experience" or whatever you want to call it...

6. Edge1978 macrumors 6502

It took away the wake up lag for me.