iphone 4s went from alaska to kentucky i live in california

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by strika2, Oct 12, 2011.

1. strika2 macrumors newbie

Why would my iphone 4s which i preordered on the 7th go from china to alaska to kentucky which is where it is now according to UPS when i live in California? anyone have a similar experience?

2. knoxtown macrumors 6502

3. 7even macrumors 6502a

4. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

And to go further, all cargo from the far east checks in at the Fedex and UPS other hub, in Anchorage. In fact, PANC handles pretty much all cargo heading to/from the far east. Yors, like the others said, went from UPS' PANC hub to their KSDF hub. From there, it will probably hit their other hub at KONT, then get on a truck to you.

BL.

5. YesThatGuy macrumors newbie

I don't like Louisville. My phone has been sitting there for 2 days.

6. strika2 thread starter macrumors newbie

7. bryan85 macrumors regular

lol, me too. :(

8. forza69 macrumors 6502a

forza69

Just noticed my phone also just landed in KY. Bummer.

9. lilj4425 macrumors 6502a

They are supposed to go to Kentucky. If they didn't then there would be a problem.

10. jp70 macrumors member

I'll actually be working the aircraft coming in to So Cal

I'm an air traffic controller and I'm working the mid on the 14th. Surely one of the dozen UPS flights from SDF will have my iPhone on it...lol.

11. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

So if you live in Kentucky you'd be the one of the first who gets it?

12. 2010RS macrumors 6502

13. christyn macrumors 6502a

Negative.
    There's a few on here from Kentucky who have had their phones sitting there for 2 days.

14. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Ahh unlucky for them

15. iKidWare macrumors member

Just got home from ups in Louisville, no iPhone boxes to be seen, they are acting like tomorrow will be the biggest day of the year though, starting each shift 2 to 3 hours early...

16. vitzr macrumors 68030

vitzr

That does seem odd, my AT&T order comes via FedEx. It is routed through customs in Alaska then to Oakland, then to it's destination anywhere in California.

17. ggmissmolly macrumors regular

Some of y'all have a problem. Read this...all UPS air shipments come to Louisville...domestic and international. Nothing unusual about that. That's how UPS chooses to run their business. Every night about 1 AM Louisville planes take off for the rest of the country.

As to your phone "sitting" there...do you suppose Apple told UPS to schedule Friday deliveries? DUH! You were told it would come Friday...it'll come Friday..meanwhile shut the f** up!

18. lilj4425 macrumors 6502a

Sounds like you're the one that has the problem caring about what other people are doing on this forum.

19. pellets007 macrumors 6502a

pellets007

Nope. I live right down the block from the UPS port in Louisville. It's still sitting there. :p

20. Vick84 macrumors regular

Vick84

nope...mine is coming from dfw airport, texas..

21. ZipZap macrumors 601

If it had been Fedex it would have gone from AK to your local distribution direct.

I have had many Overseas Fedex go to AK then to DC.

22. kycophpd, Oct 13, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2011

kycophpd macrumors 6502a

kycophpd

I love this response!!!! Two reasons:

One, people are uninformed on how the shipping process works so they want to get on here and bash a company that has been in the shipping business for years and is running a huge profit. Maybe USPS could learn some lessons.

Second, before you post a new thread, SEARCH!!! Quite a few "my phone is stuck in Louisville" or "why Louisville" posts have already been posted and there are currently 4 alone on the iPhone forum section front page.

Lets add a third: Like Miss Molly said, you knew when you ordered it, it would be there Friday. Save your whining for Friday.

23. auero macrumors 65816

I think it's also because apple doesn't want them arriving before Friday and the main hub has the room. I don't think they'd still go to ky if they were shipping at any given time.

24. blindseagull macrumors newbie

Funny watching where my phone is going. I live in Los Angeles and my phone started yesterday in Ontario, CA (about 50 miles from my house). From there, it went to San Diego and now to Louisville, KY.

I get that they are trying to coordinate the deliveries for the 14th and from the KY hub, but seems kind of crazy to ship essentially from LA and then back to LA in 2 days....can I get some airline miles for this?

25. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

Siri is picking up the Louisville accent by now..