iPhone 4S - which iOS now shipping?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by samcraig, Oct 16, 2012.

1. samcraig macrumors P6

My MIL is interested in an iPhone 4S but doesn't want iOS6. Are they shipping with iOS5 still or 6?

2. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

This has been asked and answered. Search next time.

3. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Thanks finally found the thread.

In other news - you could be helpful and put the link in a post or you know - just not respond if you're bothered by it. You didn't mean search next time. You meant search this time.

4. NM08SRT8 macrumors 6502a

NM08SRT8

:rolleyes:

Regardless. Be a independent grown up next time and stop asking everyone to do your work for you.

;)

5. dmelgar macrumors 68000

You've managed to make this a completely useless thread by complaing rather than trying to help in the least.

6. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Ok. Be a grown up and learn that a word like independent requires an "an" not "a" before it.

See - I can be jerky if I want too. I didn't ask everyone to do my work for me. I asked anyone who could answer the question.

I'm sure every one of your posts contribute value and never draw upon the knowledge of the posters here who have already posted the same elsewhere.

ETA: The answer is - as of right now - mixed bag. Some stores with stock probably have 5.0. Ordering from Apple is more likely to get you 6.0. If you're to believe what one or two posters say.

7. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

8. Beeplance macrumors 65816

Beeplance

Was wondering if its alright if you walk into a local telco & request the person help you dig into the old 4S stock so as to find one with iOS 5? But it would be very lucky if u can still find a brand new 4S with iOS 5. If its me, i definitely won't upgrade if I got one!

9. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

LOL, simply putting iOS6 in your reply is 4 letters, typing out your belittling response, 10 times the effort. Go figure!

10. kalexn macrumors 6502

Regardless it would have taken you the same amount of time to give the answer as it did for you to write that it has been asked and answered and search. Sometimes people do search and are still unable to find things. On a forum it is nice if we aren't mean to people and help people out.

11. samcraig thread starter macrumors P6

Maps in her area have been reported to be less than stellar. She uses a lot of Apps that are Map Kit based. At least for now - she'd prefer to stick with Google Maps and then eventually upgrade on her own.