Iphone 4S - why same phones behave differently?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tadziak, Jan 4, 2012.

1. tadziak macrumors regular

Hello,
    I have noticed that when having two iphones 4s, side by side, same software, same settings (originals restored) they can behave quite differently, especially with specific sim card.

My original Iphone 4s had no problems with any sim cards - no matter if it was pin code protected or not, always worked perfectly. My girlfriend's 4S would not properly work when pin code was activated, she had to have it disabled (on mine same sim card worked flawlessly even when locked with pin code).

Now I'm struggling with my second replacement which would loose service, keeps searching for signal. It often happens that despite showing a few bars of signal I can't call/send sms and when somebody tries to call me, he gets "call failed". Same phone unit, with my girlfriends simcard works with any issues. My sim card works in her phone also flawlessly. So I'm really confused, how can two same phones behave so differently with one sim card. Is it possible that Apple mounts more than one sim card specific components/hardware in the 4S? It would be the only explanation why two exactly same phones behave differently on the same sim card...

I would be grateful for any feedback from other users on that topic...

2. salacious macrumors 6502a

you asked for feedback heres my thoughts, identical twins born with the exact same dna, same look, same feel, same everything... will still behave differently..

my answer may not have helped but you asked for feedback...

3. tadziak thread starter macrumors regular

What I mean't mostly is that it looks like Apple has more than one provider/manufacturer of each component and therfore the phones differ - let's say some have samsung screens, some LG, some Sony... Simmilar case might be with other parts of the phone, causing problems...

4. salacious macrumors 6502a

i would imagine so, due to shipping and cost effectiveness..

5. nefa macrumors member

My boyfriend's and my iPhone 4Ses have the same problem... they work perfectly when we put my SIM card in his phone, but with his own SIM card the iPhone doesn't manage to keep service for even 30 minutes.