Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HavocLink

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2012
I'm not sure how common my situation is, but I've been experiencing this problem for the past couple of weeks. My phone would connect to my home WiFi and work for a couple of minutes (anywhere from 5-10) and then it would just stop working. The WiFi signal would still be there on the menu bar, but I wouldn't be able to do any downloading or browsing whatsoever. I would disconnect and reconnect to the WiFi network and the same thing would happen: it works for a couple of minutes before it just stops. I thought it was a problem with my phone because my other devices (desktops, laptops) work just fine all the time. So I brought it to Verizon and got a replacement shipped in a few days later. Upon setting up my new phone, the problem STILL persists :confused:. I find it hard to believe that I'm just that unlucky, so I don't know where to look. Anyone familiar with this and want to help a brother out?

dotme

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2011
Iowa
Does it happen when connected to other wifi networks? If not, factory reset the router and set it back up. Or replace it.

If it does happen on other wif networks, I'd suggest a reset network settings, or - more drastic - erase and set up as new. That should be a last resort though IMO

HavocLink

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2012
I haven't really had a chance to try it on other networks. The only WiFi network I ever use is my own. When they offered to replace it for me, I was like "New phone? I'll take it. This'll probably take care of things smoothly." I'll try connecting at my local Starbucks/Barnes&Noble tomorrow just to confirm if its a router issue. Like I said my other devices work just fine, so I didn't really think about suspecting my router, but that could be the case. I'll have to see about it :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.