iPhone 4S won't charge after 5.1?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mad Mac, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Mad Mac macrumors regular

I don't know if it's coincidence but I upgraded to 5.1 over the air yesterday and now my 4S won't charge using the outlet. It charges fine when connected to my MBP.

I've tested the sugarcube charger on other devices and it works fine. I've erased and restored the phone and it still won't charge on the outlet.

Anybody have this issue and was able to correct it?

2. Kingcodez macrumors 6502

Kingcodez

Same here with my iPad. Used to charge 1%/2min watching Netflix, now I've been hovering around 10% all day.

3. Mad Mac thread starter macrumors regular

Just to follow up on this: it seems the charging cube was in the process of dying or something. Bought a new one and all seems fine now.

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

It drives me crazy when a software update seems to break something and then after perhaps hours of troubleshooting, it turns out that the real problem was not the software update.

Last week I was sitting in my car waiting to pick up a friend and picked up my iPhone to check the weather, and the phone looked horrible - the color was way way off. I sat there in a panic for a minute then realized I had my polarized sunglasses on. sunglasses off...phone is fine...bang head.