iPhone 4S won't power on

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by andrewfx, Apr 19, 2013.

1. andrewfx macrumors newbie

Hi all,

So earlier I was charging my phone and I left it to charge, I came back and felt my phone and it was pretty much burning my hand, and displaying the overheating message. I took the phone out of charge and left it ten minute to cool down. I then left the house and tried to use the phone but the battery started to drain stupidly fast (probably about 1% every 2 minutes) and it still stayed extremely hot. I tried turning the phone off for about ten minutes to see if it would cool down, but nothing. I powered the phone back on as I needed to use it.

When I got the home the iPhone battery had died. So I plugged it in expecting it to charge up, but no. Everytime I plug it in (to the wall of my macbook) it just displays the apple logo for about 5 seconds, then goes black, and repeats. When I take it out of charge nothing happens at all, I cant power on or do a hard reset.

I held the power button and home button for 10 seconds then took the power button off forcing the phone into restore mode so basically whiping my phone (which I really didn't want to have to do) but even this hasn't fixed it! The phone still does exactly the same thing, and iTunes only recognises it after I restore it again and again. I tried to restore the phone on iTunes and got an error 2001.

I'm really frustrated here as I can't get a genius appointment till Wednesday so will be without my phone for FIVE days. Any suggestions?

2. andrewfx thread starter macrumors newbie

3. MetalGearTW macrumors member

MetalGearTW

go on craigslist and get a cheap ($10 - $20) dumb phone for calling and texting.

4. andrewfx thread starter macrumors newbie

That isn't really a solution to fixing my phone now is it.

5. MetalGearTW macrumors member

MetalGearTW

Guess it was a bad idea to offer a suggestion! oh well.

6. Mrbobb macrumors 601

Most likely battery gone caputz! change battery.

AND stop charging it if u don't want to cause further damage, unless that's an excuse to upgrade then go ahead, and be sure to place it where a fire won't burn down the house or explosion wont hurt anybody. :)

7. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

8. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Seeing as how you will have no phone until Wednesday, I would say that's a good solution. As others have said, the battery is hosed so you will need to take it to an Apple Store to replace the battery.