iPhone 4s - Worth it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Appler8, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Appler8 macrumors member

So I've had my iPhone 4 for about seven months and don't get me wrong, it's a great phone, but the 4s would seem so nice for Christmas. Is the 4s worth it? Convince me :D

2. aztooh macrumors 6502a

coming from the 4? No way. Only, perhaps, if you're a hardcore gamer. I'm not, so I couldn't tell you how much better it actually is, that's why I just say "perhaps".

3. MotleyGrrl macrumors 6502

MotleyGrrl

I hate to be this person, but why should we convince you? Plus, there are a ton of threads identical to this. I just can't stand when people come to a forum to ask others convince them to do/buy something :rolleyes:

4. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

If you want it and can afford it, but it. Otherwise, don't. Simple answer.

5. orange42 macrumors 6502a

If Santa has an upgrade for you and you can sell your 4, than probably.

6. nippyjun macrumors 65816

To me the speed improvement makes it a whole new experience. It's definitely worth it in my opinion.

7. b24pgg macrumors 65816

There are only three* differences between the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 4S:

- Processor (A4 vs A5)
    - Siri
    - Camera (5MP@720p vs 8MP@1080p)

It's up to you whether those differences warrant the cost of an upgrade.

*If you're referring to the Verizon iPhone 4S, a fourth difference is that you are able to use the GSM portion during travel outside the USA

8. Will69 macrumors regular

Omg I'm new to this forum and the people here seem tired and dejected and weary. Too bad I'm interested in iPhone topics because the people suck. Never a straight answer.

Anyway. Quite simply. THIS PHONE ROCKS. I enjoy the benefits of my new 4S over my previous 4 every day. (and I did and do regard the 4 as a good phone )

I say buy it and perhaps sell or give the 4.

9. aleni macrumors 68020

It's totally worth it! The UI seems faster, games are much faster, especially with new heavy graphic games like modern combat 3, 9mm etc.

Camera is very good, video image stabilization is useful too because i take videos alot when walking with my kids at the park.

And much better signal! I got 3g coverage where i usually didn't get.

10. tahoeroscoe macrumors regular

tahoeroscoe

Are you unhappy in any way with the 4?

If you were the type of person that really needs the newest and greatest you would probably already have a 4s. If you have piles of money then go for it, but i think i would regret not spending the money on a different toy or hobby. Hell, for the price of an unsubsidized 4s you could go on a mini vacation.

The 4 is a good phone. I'm hanging onto mine.

He just started a conversation, if you're not interested then don't participate.

11. BlindMellon macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

A year 'till the new phone is a long time if you have a crappy old phone. If you have a 4, your money could be better spent on something important.

These phones are plateauing as far as speed goes, so each new one is barely faster than the previous one. Don't lose any sleep over the 4S.

12. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

Most people sold their iPhone 4 for a profit and bought the iPhone 4S without any money out of pocket. People just need to go test out the 4S themselves at the store and make the decision themselves if it's worth it or not.

13. AlphaVictor87 macrumors 6502a

AlphaVictor87

I agree with most people here, if you were comming from a 3gs (like i was) then its VERY MUCH worth it.

If i had a 4, i don't think i would have done an upgrade.

14. Lioncrazz macrumors member

I couldn't agree with this post any more. I loved my iPhone 4 and I really did not think I was going to upgrade but I decided that Siri would help me in so many ways. I am so glad I upgraded. This phone is even more amazing than the 4. Siri is amazing, the speed is awesome, and the camera is a HUGE improvement over the 4. Definitely worth the upgrade. I get so much more done with this phone because the voice capabilities make everything so much easier.

Again, it's DEFINITELY worth the upgrade!

15. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

You are the one getting it. Convince yourself, of you really want it.

16. andross77 macrumors regular

You forgot significantly improved dual antenna that doesn't drop service if you grip it incorrectly and holds signals far better. But yeah, that's not important on a phone....

17. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Why the sarcasm?

18. itsjustmeee macrumors 6502a

This discussion seems to pop up in multitudes on every forum and tech site. The answer just comes down to 2 things. 1. How much will it cost and 2. how much you want it. For me, it's a simple choice. I have a corporate plan on AT&T which allows an upgrade pretty much every year and I just sell my old 32 gig iphone on Gazelle with no hassles for anywhere between $160 and $200 dollars which means it costs me basically $150 to have the newest and latest, ...........and no convincing is necessary if you really want it.

19. rkeato1 macrumors regular

For me, I'd say no.

I had the 3gs so I upped to the 4s, but if I had a 4 then I would wait it out.

20. takeshi74 macrumors 601

You need to convince yourself. You haven't posted any of your needs/wants. Worth is highly subjective. We can't tell you if it's worth it to you or not. We can't even begin to try without knowing your preferences, criteria, etc. You need to do the legwork and not sit back and expect others to do it for you.

If you're truly clueless then list out your needs/wants. Browse every other "Should I buy?", "Should I wait?", "Worth it?" thread and see what others are mulling over.

21. k3roro macrumors 6502

Your question depends on what the "it" is.

Whether it is worth "it". Is "it" a "gift for Xmas" slot that can be replaced with anything else you want? Is "it" specifically limited to a cell phone under $750?

If so, it is worth "it".

22. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

If you have to justify it to yourself, then it isn't worth it.

23. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Only reason I purchased it because I had an extra line eligible for an upgrade and my wife wanted my iPhone 4. Would I have upgraded otherwise honestly no.

24. Lioncrazz macrumors member

The OP just wants to know if current ip4s users are happy with their phone and if those who switched from an iPhone 4 to iPhone 4S are happy that they upgraded.

25. yeah macrumors 6502a

yeah

Really? Go to your nearest Apple or (insert carrier here) and see how "barely faster" the iPhone 4S is compared to the iPhone 4.