iphone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jsf721, Jan 23, 2012.

1. jsf721 macrumors 6502

I have been on the boards for a few weeks and I sincerely appreciate everyone's help and advise. I am a Blackberry adict simply because it am in sales and on the road alot and e mail keeps me posted and glued to my cusotmers and office. I have a Verizon and have always had 2 phones. Once for e mail and amother for talking. I usually get orders to send into the office so I talk on 1 and type on the other. For the $9.99 per month extra (no Smart Phone) it was a no brainer.

SO I get my kids iPhones one has the 4 and the other waited for the 4S. They show me what a great experience you get with the internet, pictures attachemnts and apps. The iPhone clearly kills the Blackberry in everything but the keyboard (in my personal opinion-so far)

I purchased an iPhone 4 from a friend who upgraded early to a 4S and hooked it up on my 2nd line. My idea is that for $ 20.00 more per mointh I can test it out and see if I can get the touch typing. I am 44, 6'2 with man hands and the typing is not easy for me. I am getting better in accurace but the speed is nowhere close the what I can crank out on the blackberry.

If I stick it out will I get better? It is such a pain backspacing to correct the e mails. I will give it another 60 days and then if I dont see improvement I may have to get the new bold over the Iphone 4S. Do you guys ever see APlle adding a real keyboard to the next incarnation of the Iphone 5?

If I dial a contact on their mobile and there is no answer, on my BB if I go to redial it asks which number home ooice or mobile, with the iPhone I need to go back into contacts Is there a short cut?

Thanks

2. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

Yes, you will get used to it, we old dogs can learn new tricks now and then. I hated the thought of not having a keyboard and almost gave up, when I first got an Android phone without one, but I did get used to it. It just seems odd at first.

Sorry, can't help with the other question, I hate talking on the phone.

3. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

Yes, typing will get easier. It just takes some time to get used to. I can't imagine that Apple will add a physical keyboard.

4. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

You should get used to the typing, I did and I'm about your size, but 20+ years older.

Keep in mind that on the 4s you don't have to type all that much as Siri helps out a lot. You can just talk.

I hope you can work things out.

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

It takes some time. I was horrible when I first got my device but now I'm pretty good at it.

6. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Yeah, you'll get used to it soon. The auto correct is by far one of the best as well compared to other phones.