iPhone 4s?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by shahrezsyed, May 5, 2012.

1. shahrezsyed macrumors regular

HI.
    I am a previous iOS user (Had the iPhone 4). But then, just to experience something different, I bought a galaxy nexus. Which I hate now. I MISS IOS!!! I wanted to ask if I should wait for the iPhone 5 or buy the 4s right now. I do have a good phone atm so its not like I don't have a phone but I don't want to buy the 4s now only to find out that they released the next iPhone at WWDC...

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Any suggestions?

-Regards

2. locoman23 macrumors newbie

They're most likely gonna release a new phone in October, so I would wait. The iPhone 4S is not worth it IMO.

3. rponte macrumors newbie

I agree i wanted To bye the 4s but my wife told me To wait for iPhone 5...

I m using the 4

4. Maziar macrumors 6502

I sold my iP4 for a HTC Titan(wanted to test a new OS) and then returned back to iOS(iP4S) and I have to say it's notably faster than my old iP4,much improved camera and I'm finding Siri quite useful.
    But for many people,it's not worth the upgrade

5. mattkowalski macrumors member

Similar for me. I had an iPhone 4 until last Tuesday when it was stolen. Replaced it with an iPhone 4S and you definitely notice the difference - especially the performance and the camera. Siri's fun at the moment, but whether or not that turns into something I use, I shall see.

But if I'd had the choice, I would have waited for the next iPhone, rather than getting the 4S.

6. iTunes-Luv macrumors member

iTunes-Luv

Definitely wait for the iPhone 5. You will have to wait for maximum 5 months but the new one will be completely different from the 4S, like the 4G to 3GS

7. conartist4u macrumors regular

conartist4u

I say get the iPhone 4s and wait for few months after release of the next iPhone before buying it. All new iPhones come part and parcel with new problems and adjustments required to hardware before they become trouble free.

Buying a new phone does not always mean a fortunate experience. Let history do the talking and you will not find any device that was launched without any problems. Not just with IOS, but with all manufacturers. 4-6 months is safe time to allow manufacturers to adjust any issues they may face with new technologies being rolled out.

8. cynics macrumors G4

I'd wait. I have a 4S and it's works just fine but it felt kind of dated when I got it even worse now.

9. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

The next iPhone won't be announced at wwdc in June. Most likely sept-oct. But even that is not far off. I would without doubt wait. You'll be kicking yourself if not. I'm personally tired of looking at the current design. Although it is beautiful. Im just ready for something new and revolutionary. Hope apple comes through. They pretty much have to. This is a HUGE release.

10. labman macrumors 604

labman

I'm going to go a different route because of the resale value. get the 4s now and enjoy resale will most likely be around $400 then add another $300 or so that you would be paying for a new phone on a contract and you can get a unlocked iPhone 5 or what ever the name will be.. then of course you can sell your galaxy nexus as well selling it now will get you more cash. :D

11. shahrezsyed thread starter macrumors regular

My mom just told me she'd exchange her iPhone 4 with my nexus. So yay!!! I think I can mange well with an iPhone 4 till october. :D

12. conartist4u macrumors regular

conartist4u

13. shahrezsyed thread starter macrumors regular

cant wait :d:d:d