iPhone 4s

Iscarlet1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2012
I bought a iphone4s from someone, I just want to use it as an iPod. Is it possible? I guess it had a previous owner but I don't wanted for another reason than for just listening to music on pandora.

Iscarlet1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2012
Yes, I have my own phone with a two year plan, I just want to have this other one as an iPod but i don't know if this person unlocked this phone or not. What can I do about just listening to pandora. Do I need to have it shut off?

Iscarlet1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2012
No, the phone works fine, Im just afraid of listening music on this device because I bought it from someone I don't know, a street seller. I just want to know if I can listen to pandora without having any problems. The phone has no way to make any phone calls , it has a number and it's disconnected. Its an iphone4s

Broph

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2010
New Zealand
Ring Apple, give them the serial number, and ask if it's been reported stolen... If not, I'd sell it, and then use that money to buy an iPod.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Ring Apple, give them the serial number, and ask if it's been reported stolen... If not, I'd sell it, and then use that money to buy an iPod.
Phones dont get reported stolen to Apple and Apple doesnt keep track of that.
Usually carriers do that when reported stolen they blacklist the device.
From the sound of the OP this is pretty much stolen property.

Iscarlet1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2012
I am going to call to see if the street seller lie to me, I did call the number that was there and it's disconnected. The seller told me it was his but I still not sure. I bought the phone because it's a small device and I can listen to music while I'm at the gym or driving. That's why I ask if I can listen to it and keep it in airplane mode or disable airplane mode and trust the seller of the phone being his.

AFDoc

macrumors 68030
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
No, the phone works fine, Im just afraid of listening music on this device because I bought it from someone I don't know, a street seller. I just want to know if I can listen to pandora without having any problems. The phone has no way to make any phone calls , it has a number and it's disconnected. Its an iphone4s
So you bought a stolen iPhone from a "street seller". no /sarcasm.

Just restore it and use it any way you want. Oh, and don't trust "street sellers".

Iscarlet1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 11, 2012
Lol, thanks ... * cell phones providers lock cell phones when customers did not paid their bill. So the customer sell it, it's too bad because they can keep it, but that's them.

lazard

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2012
I bought a iphone4s from someone, I just want to use it as an iPod. Is it possible? I guess it had a previous owner but I don't wanted for another reason than for just listening to music on pandora.
two words: airplane mode