iPhone 5 300MB data plan users

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by -LikesMac-, Oct 10, 2012.

1. -LikesMac- macrumors 6502

Who is using a 300MB Data plan? How is it going for you guys with this plan?

2. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

3. procrastinasn macrumors regular

I can't imagine only having 300 mb.. oh man..

4. close2reality macrumors 6502

is this a joke?

5. XrAdEr macrumors member

300mb should be fine if you only use it to e-mail, check weather, and VERY light browsing. =O

..But I couldn't live with that knowing the limitations i'd have. =/

6. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

My mom gets by on the 200MB plan with her 4S. Closest she has ever come to hitting it is 170MB.

7. albertxp06 macrumors regular

I'm getting by fine with a 200MB plan on AT&T. Yes, I do have to restrain myself at times, but I'm OK. I'm at 120MB and my billing cycle ends on the 21st.

I do turn off LTE to save battery (and in case my WiFi drops out and I'm watching a video) and 4G is already really fast in my area.

8. daviddth macrumors 6502a

daviddth

I use a 500MB plan and have no dramas. I browse, play the odd video but thats it. Any heavy use is done at wireless hotspots or home.

9. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

The wife & I share 1GB, (4S & 5 respectively). We've used 130 MB thus far with 10 days left in our billing cycle.

We both have strong wifi where we live & work & don't have immediate needs to download, watch YouTube, etc. while on the go.

10. FSMBP macrumors 68020

FSMBP

Yeah, I have a 200MB plan and will be using the iPhone 5.

How is it not an option? I use a lot of data but I'm surrounded by WiFi at home & at work. And I rarely use my iPhone's data when I'm out with friends as I'm one of those people who enjoy the moment & don't constantly use to my iPhone.

I barely go over 50MB a month using my cellular data. Just because you use a lot of cellular data doesn't mean others have to.

11. hoon2999 macrumors regular

Here

I had 200mb with my iPhone 4 for 2 years.
    I used my phone for messaging(whatsapp, kakaotalk), voip(skype, teamspeak), navigation(navigon). But never paid for overrage. The most I got was 190mb and it was from my home internet being down for 2 days.
    The only time you actually use heavy internet connection is when you are sitting down. (work, cafe, home) and theres always wifi around.
    Well I did upgrade the data plan to 3gb when I picked up iPhone 5. Wanted to try new maps app and cellurar facetime. Then I realized it was a bad choice.
    Maps app is ok but still not as good as paid ones. Facetime on the go needs another ripoff plan called shared data. I want my 200mb back :(

12. SpyderBite macrumors 65816

SpyderBite

I still have unlimited data with VZW but I've rarely used more than 200mb in any given month. Wifi is so widely available that my cellular data is used mostly while I'm driving.

13. NikeTalk macrumors 6502a

You can't possibly use your phone for anything other than to check the time. Seriously.

14. hoon2999 macrumors regular

Very expensive clock.

15. 1rottenapple macrumors 65816

Wow would be hard for be to use my iphone. I use mine to commute with waze!

16. martiansoldier macrumors 6502

My wife has the 200 MB plan on her 4S and often has over 170 MB left at the end of the billing cycle.

17. children macrumors regular

alot of exaggeration here, I use a 500mb plan and I really only use 200-300mb a month..

I guess it depends on the circumstances, I use wifi at home, work, friend place, cafes, uni etc etc. I browse daily in restaurants, watch the occasional youtube videos etc, but I never exceeded my data..

18. iamthekiller macrumors 6502a

If you're near wifi most of the time (never leave the house?), I suppose 300MB a month would be fine.

19. Sputnek macrumors regular

We need more 300mb users so people like me wont get throttled.

20. nostresshere macrumors 68030

What is really difficult for me to comprehend are those folks posting here that do not understand how others get by with a less than 300mb a month. It just is not that hard.

* Use of WIFI is a big reason

* People that use it as phone, and playing offline games, etc. Maybe texting, and a little Facebook. My sister in law recently visiting. Only think she uses it for is texting, phone and Facebook. Low data usage.

* As mentioned by one person, when out and about, they leave the phone in their pocket and TALK to other people and LOOK at other people. Old school, yes.

Remember, half of America is still not using Smartphones. Imagine their data usage.

21. Small White Car macrumors G4

Small White Car

My mom and dad are both on 300 MB. They come close but can stay under.

The fact is, they pretty much ONLY use e-mail, iMessage, and maps away from home. Everything else they do with their phone they do at home on Wifi.

I always come in at 2.75 GB, so no, I couldn't do it. But I can totally understand how they can.

22. maverick22 macrumors 6502

I am still on the 200MB (iphone 4 sorry). I have to monitor it; usually run about 170-180MB/month. I have Internet access all day at work, and then my desktop or tablet/wifi at home. If cost wasn't an issue I'd go up the the 3GB or whatever AT&T offers. I just really don't use my phone much for Internet though.

23. buddybd macrumors 6502

I have wifi just about everywhere I go but I still hit 800MB-1GB every month.

24. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

yowzers

i listen to spotify too much. and travel too much to keep it under 300.
    I salute you!