iphone 5- 3g data oberservation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ge0p, Oct 13, 2012.

1. ge0p macrumors newbie

Iphone 5 on sprint. No LTE here, so 3g and circle (1x) only. I always have subpar results when running speedtest on 3g, usually averaging between .01 mb to .30 mb downloads (sprint users know what I'm talking about). Also have an Android which will usually indicate download speeds about twice as fast as the iphone. But...... the iphone will almost always finish the speedtest prior to the android, even at a lower indicated download rate when started at the same time.
    In head to head web page downloads via safari vs android, the iphone consistantly trumps the android by a substantial margin, probably by 30%-50%.
    I try to use websites with little to no flash to attempt to even the playing field.
    Based on these observations, it makes me question if our iphones don't play well with the Speedtest app or am I simply seeing the difference of processing power
    between the iphone 5 and a dual core 1 ghz android.
    So.....Iphone 5-slower download speed per Speedtest, but substantially faster real world web usage.
    Anyone else notice anything like this?

2. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

Mine is fine, but I have VZW. If your town isn't really big on Sprint...your service is going to suck a little more than others. My LTE runs ~10MB so I'm content.