iPhone 5: @ 45% Battery after less than 3 hours?!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajcadoo, Oct 1, 2012.

1. ajcadoo macrumors 6502

ajcadoo

[​IMG]

WHAT GIVES?! I have done nothing on this phone except text, a phone call, and check email!

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Is mobile data enabled? That can cane battery life...I'm starting to wonder about LTE though...My carrier (O2) here in the UK isn't rolling it out until next year, so I can't make a comparison...It's a distinct possibility though.

I'm getting excellent battery stamina with good old 3G only...I'm not saying LTE is the culprit here, just maybe

3. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

That's not unusual. I've been getting ***** battery lid. Did you restore from a backup or setup as new? Many have suggested setting up as new is a better way. I'm trying it.

4. maceleven macrumors 6502

My battery last 3 maybe 4 hours max

My battery last 3 maybe 4 hours max ,losses power quick you can just watch the percentage drop it ridiculous ! :mad:

Thats browsing and a few calls and texts.

5. ajcadoo thread starter macrumors 6502

ajcadoo

6. nidserz macrumors 6502a

nidserz

That is better than what I have gotten. If I use it for like 1hour straight, it drops really fast... I get between 4-5hours on my phone. I would really like to hit the 7-9 hours I am seeing on this forum from some users.
    I am restoring the phone in iTunes, then will set up as new and restore from iCloud. Apparently this has helping some people. Let me try and see the usage tomorrow.

7. maceleven macrumors 6502

No LTE in UPLAND/ONTARIO,CA area

No LTE in UPLAND/ONTARIO,CA area either :(

8. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

No need for text formatting ;) Btw, check out this page.

9. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Are we seeing a trend towards a bad batch of batteries here? I'm certainly not getting anything that bad at all. If I was I'd be inclined to conatct Apple. 3 Hours? Not nearly acceptable.

10. Gewch macrumors member

Had similar concerns...

Took my girlfriends phone into Apple for Genius Bar appointment. Genius took the phone and ran some diagnostics and said "It's charging erratically" and swapped the phone. Hopefully the new one holds up better.

Asked him to run the diagnostic on mine, but they were running behind so made another appointment for tomorrow. Guess we'll see how it goes. Also curious to see what they will do since I used Unlock_Fusion to get mine unlocked if a swap is required.

Both phones were set up as new on Sep 21st when we got them as to avoid this type of issue (had it before with my 4).

11. maceleven macrumors 6502

Swapped just the phone ,or a new in box one iPhone 5?

12. darster Suspended

I notice you are at one bar signal strength. You don't have a very strong signal and that will drain your battery in a hurry. I get 1 to 2 at best at home, so I always switch over to wifi at home, and battery life is much better.

13. maceleven macrumors 6502

It P*ss*s me off ! Im use to my other phone it lasted all day !

Already have plans to return and get a new in
    box one .

14. Gewch macrumors member

It was hard to tell, but they had a drawer full of them. I asked if it was a refurb, he said they were so new they didn't have refurbs available yet. The box didn't look thick enough like the retail box though, so I imagine it was some kind of replacement inventory.

15. Lindsford macrumors 6502a

I noticed In the picture your signal has 1 bar. That is a huge factor, along with screen brightness and a few others.

16. acorntoy macrumors 6502a

Your signal could be the answer, with only one bar the phone has to work harder to maintain signal.

In one of my classes last year I did nothing but use my phone (still got a A) and I would go from 80% to 0% in less than two hours because of how bad my signal was.

17. pbmagnet4 macrumors regular

Ive been able to go a day and a half without charging. I suggest you try these things.

Turn off auto brightness and set the brightness level at about 25%-33%

Even though you dont have LTE in your area, your phone may still be searching for it. Go into your settings and disable the LTE even if you dont have it in your area.

Turn off iCloud backups, this can take up alot of data and battery over time

Turn off push settings in email and make it Manuel instead

Also run your battery down to 0% and charge it over-night to 100%

These should all help in some way or another...

18. squidkitten macrumors 6502

squidkitten

That's strange. I'm on my phone all day long (web browsing, game playing, texting) on both WiFi and LTE and I usually have 45% or more left at the end of the day when I go to plug it in for the night.

19. ANMA dojo macrumors regular

what was your other phone?

20. PAC88 macrumors 6502

just curious, where do you people keep your brightness settings?

21. ajcadoo thread starter macrumors 6502

ajcadoo

Yeah Azusa has the poorest service ever.

22. avpham macrumors newbie

most likely weak signal causing the phone to constantly have to search and hold the connection.

23. enophi1 macrumors 6502a

enophi1

Mine was at 100% 12 hours ago and now is 98% , this is just overnight.

I always turn cellular data off, because if I am at home, Wifi is on anyway.

I will test mine out today using it for texts, browsing etc and see what battery life I get.

24. matttye macrumors 601

25. maceleven macrumors 6502

4s :apple: