iPhone 5, 4G & VZW's "Share Everything" plan

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HyperliteG4, Sep 4, 2012.

?

How much LETA data do you average a month?

1. 1-2 gb

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. 3-4 gb

3 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. 5-6 gb

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. 7-8 gb

2 vote(s)
    22.2%
  5. 9-10 gb

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 10+ gb

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. HyperliteG4, Sep 4, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012

HyperliteG4 macrumors regular

HyperliteG4

I've been waiting just like everyone else for the iPhone 5 to be released. Now that the day is just about here, I'm pretty sure it's safe to assume the new iPhone will support LTE and that means changing plans for most people since VZW won't let you keep your unlimited plan and get the iPhone at contract price.

I've been averaging out my 3G usage but realized it wasn't really relevant because VZW's 3G network is so freaking slow. Plus, with the new "Share Everything" plan you get free tethering as part of the plan, so I can only assume my data usage would skyrocket.

I currently average about 2-2.5gb/mo on 3G, in which I currently am on a old unlimited plan. I barely watch videos but I do frequently take photos and post to Instagram/FB, update apps, stream hours of music a day, etc. Also, I am on Wifi at home and in the office. Don't travel too much.

My question for those of you out there who use LTE: How much data do you average a month?

(sorry for the typo in the poll!)

2. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

Whorehay

I have a Verizon iPad and I used LTE only for around 3-4 days of the 30 days for:

1) Pandora
    2) Online course with occasional video lecture
    3) Trading/real-time quotes when internet went down
    4) A few YouTube videos
    5) Occasional web browsing
    6) A few speed tests

I'd say the above is modest usage... and I used 1.6GB!!! It's just so fast you don't realize how much you use.