iPhone 5/5S easier in hand than Android phones ?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tig Bitties, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Tig Bitties macrumors 68030

Tig Bitties

Large Android phones causing carpal tunnel syndrome ?

Want some honest opinions here, or am I crazy ? My last iPhone was the 3G, since then moved onto the larger screened Android phones, which I preferred, but over the last couple of years the Android phones have gotten larger and larger and heavier.

My last couple of phones have been 4.8" to 5" screen size, and one hand operation is getting to be a pain for me, always stretching my thumb and hand across the screen, and balancing it in one hand at the same time is getting tougher, with a case on it, these phones feel heavy to balance over time. Lately been having pain in the wrist, could be from weightlifting exercises, but the phones do seem to hurt a bit when balancing them for a long period of time.

With the iPhone 5 / 5S being smaller and lighter weight, do you think that's easier on the wrist / hand ? Or are the size differences of no real world consequence in terms of wrist pain and one handed operation ?

2. aka777 macrumors 6502a

For one hand operation, the iphone is excellent and incredibly strong and light.

Personally, I prefer to use two hands for stability, so this is where the extra screen space of android is well worth it all.

3. Tig Bitties thread starter macrumors 68030

Tig Bitties

Does the smaller size and lighter weight make that much of a difference in wrist issues over time ?