iPhone 5: 639,9mb of other data after restoring

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Objector, Jan 4, 2013.

1. Objector macrumors member

Dear readers,

A couple of days ago I purchased my very first iPhone. At first I had some problems with the battery. The time used an standby time always were the same, which drained the battery very quickly. I restored the phone today and the problem seemed resolved.

Whilst I was reinstalling the iPhone with apps I noticed in iTunes that I had a lot of other data. I didn't think it was normal that I already had 900mb of other data after just installing a bunch of apps...

Again I felt like I needed to restore and check whether I could get rid of the other data. I just restored again and it seems like my iPhone comes standard with 640mb of other data?

Is this normal? And what can I do to resolve this? If you need more information, I'd be glad to provide it!

Thanks in advance!

2. r2shyyou macrumors 68000

r2shyyou

Yes, it's normal and there is no resolution as much of that space is taken up by iOS itself, amongst other things. See below:

Source: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2419

Also, you should be thankful you have so little of this ever-present category of storage! I currently have approximately 5.5 GB of "Other" in a 16 GB iPhone! It's more of an inconvenience for me than a problem, though.