iPhone 5 a few questions...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Edge1978, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Edge1978 macrumors 6502

When I used to do a hard reset (hold lock/homebutton) it would show the slide to unlock, now with the 5 when I do a hard reset it just shuts off, doesn't show the slide to unlock. Does everyone elses do that?

Also I've been reading the battery threads pretty extensively lately as my battery stinks. Anyway I saw a thread where someone mentions that you should drain it until 0 and then charge fully with it turned off. It died at 8:00pm and I decided to turn it on at 11:00pm, it showed 100% however under usage it shows the dashes, which means it wasn't fully charged. So I plugged it in with it turned on and a few mins later it showed fully. Anyway, I decided to try something and wait a few mins of usage and then plug in the charger and turn it off again, waited about 20 mins and turn it back on. Again. same as before, it shows 100 but the dashes are there. Has anyone else experienced this? :confused:

2. mrskullfreak macrumors 6502a

mrskullfreak

Mine restarted that way also.
    My battery well lte kills it..

3. Edge1978 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yea my battery isn't the best. But I find it odd that turning it off doesn't seem to charge my iPhone fully. :confused:

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

You need to charge overnight, not 2 hours. It goes to near 100% quickly, then charges slowly until it actually gets to 100%. If you stop charging prematurely before it gets to 100%, it's not going to re-charge no matter how many times you plug it in. Notebook batteries also work the same way.

5. Edge1978 thread starter macrumors 6502

Ok, I will have to do that. though I will have to wait until tomorrow I guess. It's at 100% now, and I can't leave my phone on a charger for 7 more hours LOL

6. bowlen macrumors member

It is all about the charging cycle. Bring it all the way to 100% then run it all the way down to below 10%

Keep doing that ad you'll get the best battery life out of your phone

7. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Hi Guys,

Im in the Uk and so Lte and 4g is not available from the our networks right now.

My question : Is the Lte spec on an on and off toggle switch somewhere in settings.

8. Edge1978 thread starter macrumors 6502

Settings---General---Cellular----Enable LTE

9. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

I noticed it doesn't show the slider anymore, but if you continue to hold the buttons is will "reboot" as before.

10. Mercenary macrumors 6502a

Only appears if your on an LTE network with an LTE contract. So in the uk this will be everything everywhere and even then only in a few cities.

11. soco, Sep 28, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2012

soco macrumors 68030

soco

With regard to the battery thing, don't forget that there is a slight ghost-charge period after 100%. Letting the battery seemingly "overcharge" for a bit does some bit of good as 100% doesn't always mean exactly 100.00%. Often we're really seeing the estimate of 99.95% or some other such number.