iPhone 5 a lot better than iphone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lke, Mar 6, 2013.

1. lke macrumors 6502a

I have been using my iphone 5 for some months and when I use for only seconds the iphone 4S of a friend I always think how amazing is the new iphone 5, the screen display is a lot way better, the screen size is huge, I feel the iphone 4S screen too small and the colors look like and old tv.

If you still think that it is a bad idea to upgrade to the iphone 5 you are missing the best iphone ever.

About scratches or bend issues I can say that my iphone 5 after months look exactly like the first day, I never use rings or coins inside my pockets. It is a black one.

2. CEmajr macrumors 601

Of course it's better. Mainly for me it's the greatly improved battery life, screen, and LTE.

3. view2darrel macrumors member

iphone 5's design is great. i have 4s. i didnt upgrade to 5. processor speed , weight , LTE , design and the screen seperates 4s to 5. nothing much. my sister upgrade to 4s to 5. and my mom. idont feel like upgrading i play around with their 5's. i can say its a great device but nothing much that seperates it from 4s. my opinion though.

4. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Obviously the new iPhone is "better" (even based on the fact that it's just the latest thing) but anyways, I don't think its that much better where I would upgrade mid contract from my 4S to 5 at full price.

Maybe I'm wrong and haven't used it long enough though.

5. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Every time I fill up a folder and need room for one or two more apps in there, I am jealous of my mom's new iPhone 5. I'm also jealous when I'm on Verizon's 3G network instead of my 25Mbps cable modem at home. FML!

I'm definitely jazzed for upgrading to whatever the iPhone 5S has. I'm sick of 3G, I'm sick of 16GB of storage, I'm sick of the smaller screen. Hurry up, summer!

6. BenTrovato macrumors 68020

BenTrovato

Every iPhone iteration has been better than the previous one. In my opinion the new model only becomes "a lot" better when the new software is released. When iOS 7 comes out the 5 will be "a lot" better than the 4S. For now I think better will suffice ;)

7. Mellisaray macrumors regular

of course, the performance of iPhone 5 is better than iPhone 4S, but for the size, i prefer the 4S, for 5 is big for me to handle.:D

8. Prime85 macrumors 6502a

Prime85

I love my 5 but to really get a great improvement you should always skip a generation. The speed improvement is amazing (speed of phone not just LTE). I can also never go back to a 3.5" screen. I came from the SIII which size was ridiculous so i believe 4" to be perfect.

9. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

LTE LTE LTE,for this alone imo totally worth it for me and AT&T covers almost my entire state.

10. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Currently, the iphone5's LTE chip supports only 1 of the 2 frequencies used in my country. I am hoping the 5s will support both bands, which should in theory allow for more consistent 4G coverage. :)

Anyways, I am only halfway through my 2-year contract, and I am not prepared to shell out a few hundred dollars to recontract early.

11. mapledress macrumors regular

Of course iPhone 5 is better than the iPhone 4s. The screen is bigger than before and so does the display. It is the thinnest and lightest iPhone ever, Apple said. But I still hope iPhone5s can be a bit bigger than iPhone 5, may be 4.8inch is perfect.
    The camera of iphone 5 also improve a lot than the iPhone 4s. So does the iOS software, A6 chip and so on. Really like the iPhone 5.

12. cynics macrumors G3

I like the 5 and if I didn't have an iPhone that would be the one I got. However I'm happy with my 4S right now. I'll probably see what the 5S had to offer software wise that my 4S doesn't get. If its nothing to earth shattering then I'll wait till the 6.

13. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

All I need to appreciate my iPhone 5 is a few minutes of using my iPhone 3GS or my HTC Touch Pro.

Both the 3GS and the 4 and 4S (and the Touch Pro) are great phones, but my 5 is perfect for me.

On a personal note, while they are great phones, I just never really cared for the design of the 4 and 4S. I actually prefer the design of the 3GS over these.

14. Browns2212, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2013

Browns2212 macrumors regular

I can almost assure you that the iPhone 5s is not going to have a larger screen. It will be physically almost identical to the 5, with only internal upgrades (processor, camera).

If and/or when it does go bigger again, it will be in the iPhone 6 in the Fall of 2014.

The 5 is my first iPhone, but has the upgrade to an "s" model ever had a drastic change in physical appearance? I thought it's always been internal stuff, like Siri on the 4s for example?

15. Hail Caesar macrumors regular

16. cynics macrumors G3

No, it's just been internal hardware (faster CPU/GPU, better camera, different radio in the case of the 4S, etc) and software.

I typically prefer the "S" models because the software stay a bit more up to date. The 4 didn't get features the 4S had but the 4S got all the features of the 5, software wise minus picture from video. Software is more important to me then hardware any more.

That said I'm a bit jealous of the 5 but nothing I can't live with. :)

17. RotaryP7 macrumors 6502a

It is better. IMO, huge upgrade over the 4S. The LTE is amazing, great screen display, fast processor, nice screen size, and the best part.. The battery life exceeds the 4S. I'm satisfied.

18. Salukipilot4590 macrumors 6502

Salukipilot4590

19. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

I played with the new 5 at ATT and the differences didn't wow me bunches. This was early on and they were out of stock anyway, so I just went ahead and got a new 4S. An extra row of icons on an already tiny screen wasn't worth the wait.

20. walmartmartyr macrumors 6502

I upgraded a few months back. When I pickup my wife's 4s, the weight and smaller screen are crazy noticeable. It's the first thing that goes through my mind. I like the weight, it is very noticeable. But the screen is so so small now

21. stevendphoto macrumors member

What amazed me MOST in the comparison between the 4S and 5, is the battery life, my 4S charge NEVER lasted very long, I changed my 5 last Sunday (overnight) and on Thursday night I still have 71%..

22. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

more than twice the speed, significantly lighter, thinner, lte (especially noticeable when coming from verizon), bigger screen with better color accuracy, and better battery. all with a new design and it's nothing much?? what would it have taken to push you over?

23. chiefpavvy macrumors 6502a

Agreed. The naysayers are the same ones who told us that the 3GS wasn't "much" of an upgrade from the 3G. If you had both you know how that turned out...

iPhone 5 really is the best iPhone ever, there's no doubt there.

24. Prime85 macrumors 6502a

Prime85

It needs to have a hologram projector built in and it has to be able to make matter appear from nothing like those replicators in star trek. If it doesn't do that then apple isn't innovating. But if it does do that then i will just say apple is playing catch up with star wars and star trek.

25. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

No, it's not way better. 4S is built better. Had a better touch screen-more responsive. 5 has LTE, so the data is faster, but feels insignificant in hands, delicate, flimsy.