iPhone 5 A6 CPU actually 1.3GHz

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by penajmz, Sep 26, 2012.

1. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

2. Moneymiike420 macrumors regular

Moneymiike420

Just read the same thing on flipboard....screw the gs3 and that lame commercial lol

3. Ih8reno macrumors 65816

Ih8reno

I saw the article also but don't really think it matters. When it comes down to it all that I care about is the performance of the software. Samsung could put a 5ghz processor in their next phone, if its laggy and the software is buggy let the droid fans enjoy it!

4. penajmz thread starter macrumors 68030

penajmz

I find it interesting. Just really shows how Apple doesn't really care about specs.. They didn't even mention this.

5. McCool71 macrumors 6502a

And still all the fanboys cheered about 'how much more efficient' the new CPU-architecture was since it only ran at 1Ghz... :)

6. pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

Cool find, but I don't see why Apple should talk about it in their marketing.

That stuff only matters when comparing the same architecture and same OS. Benchmark results are more important, and real-word results are even more.

7. logicpro7 macrumors 6502a

Just ran a test, not sure if this is a good result?
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348705463.983951.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348705474.250596.jpg

8. JS82712 macrumors 6502a

JS82712

9. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

They didn't mention it because most of the new smart phones have quad core. How can they brag about dual core?

10. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

When dual core out preforms the quad core.

11. iAi, Sep 26, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2012

iAi macrumors 6502

I don't really care who is number one and who is the speediest. It is just lame competition.

However, it does not take a genius though, "cheering fanboys" are relying in the same group who did the test and if that findings and tests are finally accurate, 1.3 GHZ is still less than 1.4 GHZ & 2 cores less than 4 cores if my math is not failing me. :D

Samsung got PWND in that ad regardless, just saying. Lol Most consumers do not give a **** which has more features or what's in the specs.

12. Rocko1 macrumors 68020

Rocko1

Still not a good strategy to mention it. My old technology beat your new technology sounds like bratty little kid.

13. penajmz thread starter macrumors 68030

penajmz

14. spazzer4501 macrumors newbie

Who cares processor specs, at the end of the day all that matters is how fast the phone actually runs. Hardware is not necessarily representative of this.

15. cdmoore74 macrumors 68020

For an Apple device does it really matter. Your average everyday person does not notice and does not care about a 300mhz bump or 1gig vs 2gig of ram. They just want fast. The reason Apple does not quote processor speed is because people don't care and understand mega or giga hertz; they understand fast or twice as fast.
    Android on the other hand is built for hardware lovers that want the biggest and best. Bigger screens, higher resolutions, quad core processors, gobs of memory and custom tweaks to the core operating system. With Google adding so many features to it's OS you need at least a dual core to run Ice Cream Sandwich fluidly. The iPhone 3GS on the other hand got updated to iOS 6. Goes to show you that iOS has not really changed as drastic as Android.
    So if your an iPhone lover don't look at the specs much because in a few months your going to have phones that make the S3 look weak. That's why I believe Android is so successful; people are willing to upgrade to have the next big thing within a years time. So many people that bought the S3 are actually wanting to buy the Note 2. It's like selling crack rock to junkies and Samsung is the pusher. And I doubt Apple will match the next iPhone release if they come out with an iPhone 5s with incremental updates. Apple has to make phones for the Android crowd or they will never be number one.

16. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

The Apple creed right there. My Macbook is better than my work computer, and my work computer is an i7, but my macbook is an i5. My iPhone is faster than by GSIII was.

17. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Actually the S3 is just like 2 or three months older than the 5. I guarantee samsungs next OS update will overclock the S3, just to beat the iPhone 5, even though it will kill the battery life. Im guessing Samsung doesn't care as long as it beats the other guys.

18. NoOneHitsHarder macrumors member

One of the reasons I purchased the iPhone was because I really didn't want to have to worry about specs. I simply wanted was a phone that is very fast and fluid, and that's exactly what the iPhone 5 is.

19. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather