iPhone 5 A6 CPU actually 1.3GHz

Ih8reno

macrumors 65816
Aug 10, 2012
I saw the article also but don't really think it matters. When it comes down to it all that I care about is the performance of the software. Samsung could put a 5ghz processor in their next phone, if its laggy and the software is buggy let the droid fans enjoy it!

penajmz

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Sep 11, 2008
New York City
I find it interesting. Just really shows how Apple doesn't really care about specs.. They didn't even mention this.

McCool71

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2012
I find it interesting. Just really shows how Apple doesn't really care about specs.. They didn't even mention this.
And still all the fanboys cheered about 'how much more efficient' the new CPU-architecture was since it only ran at 1Ghz... :)

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Cool find, but I don't see why Apple should talk about it in their marketing.

That stuff only matters when comparing the same architecture and same OS. Benchmark results are more important, and real-word results are even more.

Rocko1

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2011
They didn't mention it because most of the new smart phones have quad core. How can they brag about dual core?

iAi

macrumors 6502
Sep 26, 2012
And still all the fanboys cheered about 'how much more efficient' the new CPU-architecture was since it only ran at 1Ghz... :)
I don't really care who is number one and who is the speediest. It is just lame competition.

However, it does not take a genius though, "cheering fanboys" are relying in the same group who did the test and if that findings and tests are finally accurate, 1.3 GHZ is still less than 1.4 GHZ & 2 cores less than 4 cores if my math is not failing me. :D

Samsung got PWND in that ad regardless, just saying. Lol Most consumers do not give a **** which has more features or what's in the specs.

Last edited:

spazzer4501

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2012
Who cares processor specs, at the end of the day all that matters is how fast the phone actually runs. Hardware is not necessarily representative of this.

cdmoore74

macrumors 68020
Jun 24, 2010
For an Apple device does it really matter. Your average everyday person does not notice and does not care about a 300mhz bump or 1gig vs 2gig of ram. They just want fast. The reason Apple does not quote processor speed is because people don't care and understand mega or giga hertz; they understand fast or twice as fast.
Android on the other hand is built for hardware lovers that want the biggest and best. Bigger screens, higher resolutions, quad core processors, gobs of memory and custom tweaks to the core operating system. With Google adding so many features to it's OS you need at least a dual core to run Ice Cream Sandwich fluidly. The iPhone 3GS on the other hand got updated to iOS 6. Goes to show you that iOS has not really changed as drastic as Android.
So if your an iPhone lover don't look at the specs much because in a few months your going to have phones that make the S3 look weak. That's why I believe Android is so successful; people are willing to upgrade to have the next big thing within a years time. So many people that bought the S3 are actually wanting to buy the Note 2. It's like selling crack rock to junkies and Samsung is the pusher. And I doubt Apple will match the next iPhone release if they come out with an iPhone 5s with incremental updates. Apple has to make phones for the Android crowd or they will never be number one.

AustinIllini

macrumors demi-goddess
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Who cares processor specs, at the end of the day all that matters is how fast the phone actually runs. Hardware is not necessarily representative of this.
The Apple creed right there. My Macbook is better than my work computer, and my work computer is an i7, but my macbook is an i5. My iPhone is faster than by GSIII was.

TSX

macrumors 68030
Oct 1, 2008
Texas
Still not a good strategy to mention it. My old technology beat your new technology sounds like bratty little kid.
Actually the S3 is just like 2 or three months older than the 5. I guarantee samsungs next OS update will overclock the S3, just to beat the iPhone 5, even though it will kill the battery life. Im guessing Samsung doesn't care as long as it beats the other guys.

NoOneHitsHarder

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2012
Middle of nowhere
One of the reasons I purchased the iPhone was because I really didn't want to have to worry about specs. I simply wanted was a phone that is very fast and fluid, and that's exactly what the iPhone 5 is.