iPhone 5 acting really weird

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jshin100, Apr 25, 2013.

1. jshin100 macrumors newbie

jshin100

About two days ago, my iPhone 5 was normal. No jail break, firmware 6.1.2. Never updates to 6.1.3. Did the update and everything was fine. Battery drain was crazy but nothing too bad.

Anyway, fast forward to the next morning and my phone acts crazy as hell whenever I plugged in the earbuds. Music would stop playing or skip really badly or Siri would come on with me not even touching the home button or the mic button for that matter. Now when listening to music, I can pause the song and itll restart by itself. Anyone have any idea on what this could be? It's really annoying to have your phone just turn by itself.

2. darricksailo macrumors 601

darricksailo

I assumed you updated via settings -> general -> software updates? Try restoring to iOS 6.1.3 and then restoring from backup.

3. sjinsjca macrumors 68000

sjinsjca

Does a hard reboot impact the behavior at all? (Y'know, press/hold both the home button and the power button until it goes blooey.)

4. Prime85 macrumors 6502a

Prime85

If its the apple earbuds than maybe the remote went bad which is what it sounds like. Try a different pair of headphones.

If it is the remote that went bad than take them into an apple store and they will replace them for free under the warrenty

5. jshin100 thread starter macrumors newbie

jshin100

It seems like Prime85 may be on to something. I plugged in headphones that are mic less and the phone performed normally as it should. If I take those earbuds in, will they swap them out even though I've had them since November or should I just buy another pair and be done with it?

6. coolio93 macrumors 6502

Take it to the apple store. They should give you new headphones for free if you can replicate the issue.