iphone 5 advice

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Curryb244, Oct 15, 2012.

1. Curryb244 macrumors newbie

I have had the iphone 5 since the 21st and love it!!!! But I have a small problem when I call people they say i sound like im underwater. I have no case on the phone and hold it as you normally would. I went to att and they said jut go to apple and switch it out for a new one.. I have never returned an iphone before to apple.... any opinions ?

2. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Meet up with a friend or co worker and exchange phones and ask them to ring you so you can see if theres any truth in what people are saying.

If you still feel worried then go ahead and make a genius appointment.

3. Curryb244 thread starter macrumors newbie

yes i have switched and it dosent sound as clear as it should be and as a under water sound to it muffled almost

4. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Appointment it is then !

5. redman042 macrumors 68030

redman042

My brother's new iPhone 5 has the same issue. Though it comes and goes and re-positioning the phone closer to his mouth seems to help. I've told him to get it exchanged because it shouldn't be like that. One of the new features of this phone is supposedly much improved sound quality and noise cancelling in both directions. I suspect your phone (and my brother's) has some issue with one of the noise cancelling mics.

Definitely get it exchanged.

6. Curryb244 thread starter macrumors newbie

yea just want to get it taken care of i do a lot of work stuff by talking to people..... im just worried if they cant replicate it that they wont replace it .