Iphone 5 after using Android for a few years?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by whitlecj, Apr 12, 2013.

1. whitlecj macrumors member

I am trying to decide whether or not I should come back to the iphone after a few years on Android. The reason I am considering coming back is the iphone is my companies standard and they will give me a iphone 5 where I have been purchasing my own android phones. I left the iphone about the 4 and started running android phones and rooting them and customizing ect. I am sure it has cost me several hundreds of dollars (if not thousands) buying and selling android phones every six months or so to have the latest and greatest. Just started thinking it didn't make a lot of sense when everyone else at work pays nothing for their phone. I did enjoy tinkering with them and would certainly jailbreak an iphone (IT guy has one on OS 6.1.2 he has saved for me). Just can't make up my mind if I will be happy with it. I have lots of premium apps already on itunes and my wife and daughter both use the iphone so it makes sense from that stand point.

I guess this is a decision I should be able to make fairly easily but I am just struggling with it for some reason. I like to tinker but have grown a little tired of it lately due to issues with my Droid DNA. Seems like I could save myself a lot of cash and headache if I did just go iphone. Sorry for the long post and ramble just looking for opinions. Thanks.

2. akasch macrumors regular

I was in the same position and switched back when the i5 came out. I don't regret it. The battery life is way better and the apps are higher quality. The difference in size took some getting used to but now I enjoying being able to text with one hand. Customization is different as you know but its fun doing something different! The only thing you'll really miss is the google integration (more specifically maps). Other than that jailbreak can fix most differences.

3. whitlecj thread starter macrumors member

4. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I would always, ALWAYS take a free phone from work. Then, if I want something else, I can always buy that too.