iPhone 5 and Apple Care+

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iMikeT, Sep 11, 2013.

1. iMikeT macrumors 68020

With today's announcement that Apple is discontinuing the original iPhone 5 and replacing it with the iPhone 5C, how will Apple go about with issuing a replacement if an iPhone 5 needs to be replaced?

Will Apple continue to have spare iPhone 5's around for a full replacement? Will they continue to make iPhone 5's/iPhone 5 parts for warranty service? Have they made enough to have a stock in case a replacement is necessary? Or will Apple just outright replace an iPhone 5 with an iPhone 5C?

2. M5RahuL macrumors 68020

M5RahuL

They probably have truck loads of iPhone fives for replacement!

No worries :)

3. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Why do soooo many people have this irrational fear that their phone is now useless?? I don't get it

4. iMikeT thread starter macrumors 68020

I never claimed my phone was useless, I simply inquired about how replacements will be handled. Try reading the OP much more carefully next time.

5. LostSoul80 macrumors 68020

LostSoul80

Are you suggesting Apple doesn't have the knowledge and or competence to support a service like AppleCare+? Why would Apple ever disclose their internal logistic plans with anyone? How can any MacRumors user answer such a question as yours?

Oh, and no way they'll replace 5 with 5C.

6. taedouni macrumors 65816

I had an iPad 3 and had replacements for it almost 6 months after the release of the iPad 4. I had the verizon LTE 64 GB iPad 3 so not very popular.

7. JaySoul macrumors 68020

JaySoul

8. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

The same way they are always handled... You can still get a replacement iPhone 2G... Why would this be any different..