iPhone 5 and AT&T Data Failing while on Call

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Alphindor, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Alphindor macrumors newbie

My iP5 seems to be having trouble with data while on a call.

It drops down from LTE as we all know it should when a call is initiated(the indicator says "4G"). However, for the duration of the call, data transfer is near zero. I may get sporadic 1 second of data transfer, but otherwise anything I attempt to do while on the call will give me a server not responding. Once the call ends, data transfers are back to normal on 4G, and then it jumps back to LTE after 10 or 15 seconds and data is fine there too. I was in chat with AT&T for almost an hour yesterday and they pointed(obviously) at a possible iOS 6 bug.

Steps the AT&T tech had me try:
    Restart iP5.
    Reset network settings
    Turn off iP5, remove SIM, wait for tech to do some setting reset on his end, and then insert SIM back in, turn iP5 on, and check.
    Backup/Restore.

None of these steps appeared to alleviate the problem. If this were a land data line, it feels to me like massive packet loss.

I've tested this in 3 locations around the Los Angeles area, so it shouldn't be isolated to a specific tower. I'm wondering if anyone else other than the one thread that has been buried here has had this problem and maybe found a resolution.

2. Jyousuf macrumors newbie

I'm having the same issue in Michigan. I spoke to my AT&T business rep (who is in St Louis) and he was having the same issue.

I went to a local AT&T store and they were unhelpful to say the least.