iPhone 5 and Earpods

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Brisby, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Brisby macrumors newbie

Well I got my iPhone 5 yesterday and I'm totally thrilled with it! I upgraded from the iPhone 4 (which I thought was still pretty quick given the age of the device) and I'm totally blown away at the speed of the 5. I used Siri for the first time ever and I can actually see myself using it on a daily basis to send texts and taking quick notes. Overall I'm completely happy with my upgrade to the 5. Good job Apple!

After reading a few threads on the web about people hating the Earpods I'm starting to think I'm the only one who thinks they're pretty great. I wouldn't expect them to be the best sounding but for what its worth I think they do a pretty decent job.

I guess I'm easily pleased...

2. dagored macrumors 65816

Same here. What a speed increase! The earpods are the first set of earphones I can actually wear. All others from Apple were thrown in a drawer.

3. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

How well do they do as earplugs, at isolating from outside noise?

Last time I flew I had to run the volume at max since the 1st gen plugs have very little noise isolation.

4. Brisby thread starter macrumors newbie

Same here, I have earbuds stashed away from all my iPod/iPhone purchases that I stopped using because they fell out constantly.

----------

They fit nothing like earplugs or in ear headphones. They sort of just sit comfortably in your ear but never enter the canal. I would say it would be about the same as before with noise interference...

5. Hammie macrumors 65816

Hammie

I just came back from a 2 mile run and they never fell out. Previous ones would fall out while I was walking to the door...

They do not isolate so you can still hear your surroundings. I don't mind because I would prefer to hear the road noises while I am out running.

I thought they sounded fine and will continue using them versus my $100+ Denon in-ear phones.

I think Apple did a good job with the redesign.

6. chdwil macrumors regular

Noise cancellation could end up getiing you hurt while running, definatly need to be aware of your surroundings.

7. Joewat64 macrumors regular

8. SMIDG3T Suspended

SMIDG3T

I agree. I upgraded from a iPhone 4S and the speed of the iPhone 5 is a good improvement compared to the 4S which we all know is also a fast phone. I love it, it's fast and so light. The EarPods, in my opinion are also an improvement compared to the original Apple earphones as well as the in-ear earphones.