iphone 5 and galaxy s4 resale value

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spacewhalezo, Aug 16, 2013.

1. spacewhalezo macrumors newbie

I know its frivolous of me to get an iphone 5 now, and then sell it in a month, but i can pretty much get one for free now.The thing is that i have a 500 dollar voucher from my phone company, however I am leaving the country and i would only be back in december ( i cant use my voucher overseas, and i dont think i can survive 6 months with my ****** blackberry), thus i could not wait until the iphone 5s is released.
    I am planning to get either an s4 or iphone 5 to tide me over, and then sell the phone when the 5s comes out, hence i would really like to know which phone has a higher resale value.

2. DGPMaluco macrumors regular

Isn't the answer obvious ?! The iPhone has a much higher resell value... Even overseas if you would like to sell it on another country...

3. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

+1 for iPhone 5. Apple products usually have the highest resale value on all their products due such a high demand.

4. TheBigKing macrumors 65816

TheBigKing

i sell a iphone 5 16gb for 440$ and a gs4 for 460$ not bad for a year old iphone 5!

5. spacewhalezo thread starter macrumors newbie

because its a different topic. The other topic is about whether i should get an i5 now

6. CEmajr macrumors 601

iPhone 5 of course. iPhones have much higher resale value than any other phone. Even the 4S can still command over $350 used if it's the AT&T model.

7. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

As an example I traded in an iPhone 4 16gb AT&T to GameStop for $200. (Actually got $260 for putting $5 down on a per order:)) iPhones definitely have better value.