Iphone 5 and music - itunes or amazon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by i-sidd, Oct 19, 2012.

1. i-sidd macrumors 6502a

Hi all,

Do you guys buy your music from itunes or amazon. I just looked at it and for most part it looks like amazon is cheaper.

Soem songs even priced at $.0.50 in amazon vs. $1.29 on itunes.

Will the music purchased from amazon be compataible with all apple devices.

Is there a notable difference in sound quality?

I need some suggestions. If I but a song from amazon can I download it to all my devices?

2. i-sidd thread starter macrumors 6502a

how is that even possible? is it legal,where does it download the music from?

3. thenaes macrumors member

Amazon MP3 is great. I've bought a good bit from them because of their almost always lower prices.

You can get them on your phone fine, you just need to sync them through iTunes, can't download them directly into the music app.

However, you can download them using Amazon Cloud Player (which houses all your purchases for free as well).

4. STiNG Operation macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

Seriously....you reported my post to the mods. LOL! I was just trying to help you out.

Unless it was somebody else...sorry haha

----------

Yes it's legal. It's just "shared music". I use it all the time on my phone.

5. Cygnus311 macrumors regular

I get all my music from Amazon. They never used DRM, had higher bit rate, and always have better prices. iTunes now matches the DRM and bitrate part but they lost me just for having them in the first place.

6. i-sidd thread starter macrumors 6502a

I did not report to anyone...someone else did I guess.but why?