iPhone 5: Anticipated Disappointment

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by austinguy23, Sep 1, 2012.

1. austinguy23 macrumors 6502a

I agree with this article. It's an interesting read.

http://www.businessinsider.com/samsung-galaxy-versus-iphone-5

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Just a rehash of everything that has already been said the past few months

If people don't like the new iPhone, they don't have to buy it
    That's true of any product
    Why moan and complain, just move on

None of the points made in the article are compelling to me or for a multitude of other iPhone users

IMO, it just makes others look like petty whiners

3. austinguy23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

If you don't like the article or thread, "why moan and complain - just move on". Ah, the irony of your post.

4. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

There's always "anticipated disappointment" at every major release by anything Apple and it goes away shortly thereafter.

5. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Chances are it will probably be exactly what we've seen and the iSheep will still line up for it, despite having a perfectly working 4S.

Apple will make it worthwhile and use big words like, "Most amazing iPhone yet", "brand new" and "most powerful iPhone ever" to convince the iSheep they are making the right choice. ;)

6. Muscle Master macrumors 6502a

Muscle Master

my only disappointment will be the exclusion of NFC

otherwise... its just a phone

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Some people will never be satisfied regardless of what Apple or any other company releases. If you don't think it is a worthwhile upgrade, then keep what you have or move on to something else. I kept my iPhone 4 when the 4s was released because I didn't think it was worth it to upgrade.

8. SR71 macrumors 68000

He wasn't really moaning or complaining, but simply replying to those kinds of articles, and what he says is true. I'm still planning on getting the next iPhone after having dealt with Android for 3.5 years.

I hate when people refer to iPhone users as iSheep. Why are "we" classified as "sheep"? Because we want a reliable phone that gets great service anything goes wrong and that will be supported by the manufacturer for years to come and will not come loaded with bloatware, ugly skins, etc.? We don't want to have to tinker with our phones to get the perfect level of performance and battery life, nor do we want to have to flash a new ROM just to run a more optimized version of Android. We just want a phone that will be reliable out of the box and will get things done as quickly and easily as possible.

Android phones like the GS3 are great phones, I'm not saying they aren't, but I have no problem saying that. It is a fast, powerful phone, but so will the next iPhone. Apple may not put a quad core processor in it, but it doesn't need too. Yes Apple's walled garden approach has it's negatives, but it's also got it's positives, the same goes for Android's open-ness, but again, you don't see me calling you rude names based on your decision.

I had an Android phone for 3.5 years, multiple Android phones, actually. Some were good, some were bad, some were absolutely abysmal (ex. HTC Thunderbolt... worst Android phone ever, especially with battery life). I can't say the same for the iPhone. I've owned the iPhone 4, used a 4S a few times, and plan on upgrading to the next iPhone, and I know that it will be reliable.

Both are great phones, and both OS's are equally great, with each having their better features, but you don't have to come to this forum and call anyone who has an iPhone an "iSheep", that's just rude, especially considering this is the iPhone section of this forum. Go to the Android section if that's what you like. What's the point of reading/commenting in this section if it's just to be rude to members who like something that's different than what you like? Seriously... it's beyond annoying.

9. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

Its not annoying, its very true. Droves and droves of people will line up to buy it because its an Apple product with very few changes and very non intuitive. Assuming of course all the rumors prove to be true.

You make Apple out to be like they are the world's greatest company. Samsung was wrong for copying but all Apple wants to do is sue and sue. Now they want the GSIII banned, and for what??? It's slide to lock with doesn't resemble the iPhone at all??? They are truly becoming what Microsoft was in the 1990s. I hope another company stops them.

And yes, I'll always refer to them as iSheep. Lining up in flocks for a phone that looks so similar to last years is just too funny to be ignored.

10. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Why do you visit the iPhone forum if you're nothing more than a jealous Android troll?

11. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

If there is no NFC on the new iPhone, u are much better off getting a dumb flip phone and saving a boatload of money. After all, an iPhone is "just a phone". :rolleyes:

12. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

13. dotme macrumors 6502a

What emotional issues from your past have caused this kind of condescending attitude?

14. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

One rather interesting aspect of the Apple community which reaches far outside of the "MacRumors Forum" is the blatant disregard they have for constructive, or not so constructive feedback.

Not everyone knows how to present the ideas, issues, or problems they have, in a way that will be well received. Yet that doesn't make it any less valid.

If people didn't care, they _would_ just "not buy one".

But to suggest that _not buying_ one is the answer is a rather sad statement.

Most companies appreciate customer feedback, good, bad, or otherwise. Hearing from their users and customers is very valuable.

Most companies would rather hear the complaints so that they can provide products that people like. It's as simple as that :)

15. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

I don't put much credence into ur statement when you consider "amazing" a big word.

16. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

I think the iPhone is a great device, however, I don't think its the greatest phone on the earth. I hate Apple fanboys and people who think Apple can do NO wrong.

Its also amusing to read some of the threads here. For some reason no other forum cracks me up as much as this one.

17. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Many/most people buy it because it has great quality, good battery life, prefer the size and form factor over larger phones, and it has a great user experience.

It doesn't have to look different from the previous year's phone to have a better processor, better battery life, better camera and improvements. I am not buying something to one up my friends or to be a status symbol. I am buying a tool that needs to work for me in my my work flow.

I have no beef with Android phones or the OS, it just isn't for me.

It just always strikes me odd how people can be so disparaging towards others who do not see things the way they do.

Calling people iSheep says far more about you than the people you are attempting to belittle IMO

18. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Fine, but it doesn't mean it's right to generalize all iPhone users as iSheeps.

19. MattMJB0188 macrumors 68000

MattMJB0188

I get what your saying, I do. The iSheep comment was just for fun, no harm done. I didn't think anyone would actually take offense to it.

There are just lots of people who are NOT too happy with what Apple is doing nowadays. Litigation over innovation seems to be there number one motive for the time being and the iphone 5 will speak for itself.

20. SR71 macrumors 68000

So, because people flock to buy Apple's iPhone, they are iSheep? Non-intuitive, you say? My cousin who is 3 years old knows how to use an iPad. He leanred on his own... I'd call that pretty intuitive. And yeah, Apple may not change their designs every year/iteration, but when they do, it's usually a more refined design than their last. In terms of design, the changes were minimal if anything when the 4S was released last year. By the way, in terms of performance, the 4S blew away all other phones in benchmarks after it was released. It's GPU was faster than all of the others, along with its CPU. Just go look at the performance section of Anandtech's review to see that. On the outside, things were the same, on the inside, they were far different, and the performance difference is very noticeable when comparing my iPhone 4 to my sisters 4S.

And no, I don't make Apple out to be the worlds greatest company. I don't recall ever saying they were in my last post. Please show me where I said that. I've owned multiple different Android phones, as I said in my previous post. I like Android and iOS equally, but for my uses, the iPhone fits me better. Crazy, huh? I don't need quad core, I don't need custom ROM's. What I need is a reliable device that has good battery life, good support from app developers, and a good warranty in case anything happens. The iPhone has all of that. Android has some of that.

Sure, Apple is suing Samsung, whoop de doo. Companies will always find something to whine and complain about, but they did warn Samsung not to copy them, and they did ask Samsung if they wanted to license their patents, and continued to copy. They were asking to get sued. I do, however, agree with you that them trying to ban the GS3 is stupid. It really is a great phone, but it does not fit my needs.

I don't understand why Android and iPhone supporters can't just have discussions without jumping at each others throats, which is what you seem to be doing to me by claiming: 1.) I am an "iSheep" and 2.) That I think Apple is the "world's greatest company", when I clearly said in my previous post that iOS and Android are equally great platforms with each having their strengths in weaknesses in different areas.

You don't see me calling you a fandroid, do you?

----------

I don't take offense to it, I just see it as rude that you feel the need to insult others based on their personal preference. Yes, Apple could definitely tone it down with all the litigation, but Samsung did deserve to be sued... for some things.

21. djrod macrumors 65816

djrod

What do you call these people?

These are waiting to buy a Nintendo video game:

[​IMG]

These wanted a Wii

[​IMG]

All of these are waiting in line for a live concert

[​IMG]

Waiting to see a movie

[​IMG]

22. Honza macrumors member

Business Insider is a joke. All of their articles sound like they were outsourced to India, or possibly written by an unpaid summer intern. That is all.

23. boomhower macrumors 68000

boomhower

It'll be a disappointment just like the 4S was and set new sales records just like the 4S did.

yes, I am being sarcastic.

24. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Pretty much this. But MacDawg makes sure he posts something like this on all perceived "anti-iphone 5" threads he comes across, it would seem.

25. ThatsMeRight macrumors 68020

Just because the iPhone 4S is selling well, doesn't mean the upgrade itself (from iPhone 4 to the iPhone 4S) wasn't disappointing.