IPhone 5 & applecare

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kxdan, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Kxdan macrumors newbie

Hi guys,
    Just a quick question from a new guy, I've been searching the Internet nearly all day.
    I have 6 days left on my apple limited one year warrenty and am considering paying the money to get an AppleCare protection plan for the next year (I only keep my phones for two years), but the standard applecare seems to have been taken off the website for some unknown reason
    There has also been a number of lawsuits in the EU suing apple about mis advertising applecare and EU law etc , sort of putting me off the idea
    After searching around I ran into some EU consumer law that says apple must replace for two years minimum in EU , being a UK citizen And purchasing my iPhone there I assume this is valid for me. Is the AppleCare worth the extra, I only ask because apple have already given me a replacement on my limited warranty because the lock broke and am worried if this happens again will my EU law cover me? Will I be able to walk in and get another like before ? Will I have to go to court etc?
    Thanks for your help
    Dan

2. Kxdan thread starter macrumors newbie

3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Worth is always highly subjective. No one can tell you if anything is worth it to you or not. That's your call to make based on your needs/wants/preferences/priorities. If you want others to give feedback you need to clarify what would make it worth it to you or not.

If you can't be bothered to compare the two for yourself, Apple put this page together (don't overlook Google -- I'm not in the EU and that's how I found this):
    http://www.apple.com/uk/legal/statutory-warranty/

http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Forum_Rules

4. Kxdan thread starter macrumors newbie

But will apple replace the phone is there is a fault on the EU warranty ? They are awful vague?

5. *~Kim~* macrumors 6502

Have you tried asking at an Apple store?