iPhone 5 (AT&T) on T-mobile?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by XxpikachuxX, Jun 6, 2013.

1. XxpikachuxX macrumors 6502

Hello, i have an unlocked iPhone 5 from att and i being using it on the 30 dlls plan but, is it just be or its normal to be loosing signal a lot? even at my home where i have full bars all of the sudden i loose reception then i get it back again also i see i have LTE now but this being an ATT phone the max i can get download from tmobile is around 10 mpbs right? thanks i live in San ysidro if that helps

2. rockitdog macrumors 68020

Are you lapses in data sudden but then come back fairly quickly (1-2 mins max)? I noticed this happened with me, quite a bit. Not sure why it would happen but it always regained the signal strength right away.

3. XxpikachuxX thread starter macrumors 6502

yes i believe this is tmobile signal, and alot of times im on EDGE, im going to get net10 1.5 gb a month is fine i had tmobile 5 gb and i only used less than 1.5 a month so i should be good

4. XxpikachuxX thread starter macrumors 6502

yes i believe this is tmobile signal, and alot of times im on EDGE, im going to get net10 1.5 gb a month is fine i had tmobile 5 gb and i only used less than 1.5 a month so i should be good

5. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

Replace your unlocked iPhones with the new unlocked iPhone that supports AWS.

6. rockitdog macrumors 68020

I did that and still lost the signal several times for no apparent reason. If I put the phone to sleep for a minute that usually helped. One of the quirks of iPhones on T-Mobile I guess.

7. Coleman2010 macrumors 68000

Interesting. I have an unlocked AWS supported iPhone 5. It's never happened to me. If I were you I would return it again for another replacement.